Revolutionizing the Feeding Industry with Lindsey Laurain of ezpz
Lindsey Laurain is the Founder of ezpz, an organization revolutionizing the feeding industry with their Happy Mat mealtime tool. Lindsey is an operations, management, and sales professional with extensive experience in start-ups and the medical industry. Before launching ezpz, Lindsey served as the Director of Operations for Humana. She had also served as an operations manager for Pfizer, a company she has worked with for over eight years.
Lindsey joins us today to recount her journey from working in corporate America to launching ezpz. She reveals the lessons she learned from prototyping, designing a physical product, and appearing on Shark Tank. She outlines the process of starting and running a Kickstarter campaign and discusses building the proper infrastructures to protect your products. Lindsey also highlights how a grassroots community of moms helped ezpz grow and offers advice to Entreprenistas.
“Anything is possible. If you believe enough in what you’re doing, you can make it happen.” – Lindsey Laurain
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Lindsey’s background and her beginnings as an Entreprenista
- How long it took Lindsey to decide to quit her job and launch her business
- The first steps Lindsey took toward turning her business idea into a product
- How much money Lindsey invested in her products before launching a Kickstarter campaign
- The initial production run for ezpz products and the process of doing a Kickstarter and other crowdfunding campaigns
- Lindsey’s appearance on Shark Tank and what has surprised her about running ezpz
- How the ezpz team has grown since its launch
- The process of getting into retail
- What Lindsey has learned from working with retailers
- How Lindsey’s marketing strategies evolved over the years
- Her advice on reaching the mom community
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Accepting those hard times as part of our journey has made it so much easier.” – Lindsey Laurain
- “It’s possible for anyone to follow entrepreneurship.” – Lindsey Laurain
- “Trade shows are a great place to meet retailers.” – Lindsey Laurain
Connect with Lindsey Laurain:
- ezpz on LinkedIn
- ezpz on Instagram
- ezpz on Facebook
- ezpz on Twitter
- ezpz on Pinterest
- Lindsey Laurain on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Improve Your Customer Support with TextExpander
Every minute counts when running a business. That’s why we are so excited to introduce you to an amazing, time-saving customer support solution – TextExpander! TextExpander gives you an edge over your competition by speeding up your customer support and communications with easy-to-format snippets that save you time when typing. With TextExpander, your customer communications will have less repetition, fewer errors and consistent messaging that will keep your growing team aligned and working more efficiently.
Here’s how it works…
- Drop commonly used content (like email templates and FAQs) into TextExpander to create a snippet and assign an abbreviation.
- Type the abbreviation to trigger your snippet and see your content expand.
It’s that easy!
TextExpander is available on Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone and iPad so you can use your snippets on any device, in any program, and share them with your growing team.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to save valuable time and get more done with the power of TextExpander. To start your journey toward better, faster, more consistent customer support and save 20% off your first year with TextExpander, visit www.TextExpander.com/Podcast.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment