How to Write, Design, and Sell Your Book with Yobe Qiu of By Yobe Qiu
Yobe Qiu is an author, educator, and serial entrepreneur. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Education from The New School and a Master of Science (MS) in Early Childhood Education and Teaching. After identifying a need for more multicultural books, Yobe created her own children’s books featuring Asian characters and cultures. Yobe helps female entrepreneurs to launch and grow their educational businesses.
Today, Yobe shares her journey from educator to entrepreneur and how she helps women bring their children’s book ideas to fruition. She shares the channels she uses to publish and sell her books and some of the early lessons she had to learn. She reveals how her business structure has evolved and the services she offers her clients. We also share some tips on pitching to media outlets and how delegating is an essential skill for growing any business.
“It’s like putting any products out. This is no different to any other product, it’s just different platforms we have to learn.” – Yobe Qiu
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join.
We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- How Yobe helps women bring their ideas for a children’s book to market
- The channels Yobe uses to publish, market, and sell her books
- The challenges Yobe faced early on in her business
- Important lessons Yobe had to learn when building her businesses
- How the structure of Yobe’s business has evolved
- The services Yobe currently offers to her clients
- Tips on pitching to media outlets to promote your books
- Why becoming a good delegator is essential for growing any business
- How being part of the Entreprenista League has impacted Yobe’s business
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I would never think I would go this far a year and a half ago when I just decided to do it.” – Yobe Qui
- “Folks love multicultural books, and folks love to learn about other cultures and stories. They just don’t know what books are good.” – Yobe Qiu
- “Make as many headlines as possible, then marry those headlines to different outlets.” – Jessica Abo
Connect with Yobe Qiu:
- By Yobe Qiu
- Book: Our Moon Festival: Celebrating the Moon Festival in Asian Communities
- By Yobe Qiu on Instagram
- By Yobe Qiu on Facebook
- Yobe Qiu on LinkedIn
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts!
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show!
Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista Podcast Network. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.