Launching a Mission-Driven Non-Profit Organization with Pamela Hirsch & Nicole Lawson of Baby Quest Foundation
The mother-daughter duo, Pamela Hirsch and Nicole Lawson, are the Co-founders of Baby Quest Foundation, a 501 c(3) non-profit organization. Baby Quest Foundation helps people start families by providing financial assistance to those who can’t afford the high costs of alternative means of conception such as IVF, egg donation, and surrogacy.
Pamela Hirsch brings over 15 years of business expertise as Co-founder of Baby Quest Foundation. Before co-founding the non-profit, Pamela was one of the original franchise owners of The Princeton Review, a national test preparation company. In 1993, INC Magazine included Pamela in the Top 500 List of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. Pamela holds a Bachelor’s degree in French and Spanish from the University of Illinois and received her Master’s in French from Santa Clara University.
Nicole Lawson holds a Bachelor’s degree in Communications from the University of Arizona and spent over 10 years of her career as a television executive. As Director of Affiliate Relations for Fox Broadcasting Company, Nicole oversaw liaisons between network and local affiliates. In 2011, Nicole left the entertainment industry to explore the third-party reproduction sector by working as a case manager for Alternative Conceptions. She later launched Abundant Beginnings Co., a surrogacy agency through which she guides people through the process of becoming surrogates or intended parents.
Pamela and Nicole join us today to discuss how Baby Quest Foundation and Abundant Beginnings are spreading hope and assistance to people hoping to start and grow families. They recount how Nicole’s pregnancy journey sparked the inspiration behind co-founding Abundant Beginnings and Baby Quest Foundation. They discuss how Pamela’s business experience helped her navigate fiscal responsibility during Baby Quest’s early stages. They also share the importance of surrogacy access and education and outline how Entreprenistas can get involved in the mission of Baby Quest and Abundant Beginnings.
“Run the foundation as if it were a for-profit company with lower overhead costs being fiscally responsible.” – Pamela Hirsch
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Nicole’s experience with third-party reproduction and how it led her to launch her own business
- Why the process of getting a surrogate can be lonely
- The year Baby Quest and Abundant Beginnings were born
- Pamela’s early lessons from setting up and starting a non-profit
- Leaving the entertainment industry and Nicole’s first steps toward founding Abundant Beginnings
- The process of applying for a grant and how Entreprenistas can get involved in Baby Quest’s work
- How COVID-19 has impacted grant applications for Baby Quest
- How donating to a foundation like Baby Quest can help companies
- What a surrogacy agency is, how it works, and the Abundant Beginnings business model
- Marketing strategies and challenges for a surrogacy agency
- How the media has shaped the public’s perception of third-party reproduction
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “In every miscarriage, you remember the exact place you were in and the emotions you were carrying. It’s difficult for women to get out of that negative space.” – Nicole Lawson
- “Being a workaholic doesn’t hurt, but it did for me because I didn’t delegate as much as I should. I didn’t separate or balance work and life.” – Pamela Hirsch
- “Starting a business is always challenging, but running an agency and helping others honestly and ethically is rewarding.” – Nicole Lawson
Connect with Pamela Hirsch:
- Baby Quest Foundation
- Baby Quest Foundation on Instagram
- Baby Quest Foundation on Facebook
- Baby Quest Foundation on Twitter
- Baby Quest Foundation on YouTube
- Pamela Hirsch on LinkedIn
Connect with Nicole Lawson:
- Abundant Beginnings Co.
- Abundant Beginnings Co. on Instagram
- Abundant Beginnings Co. on Facebook
- Abundant Beginnings Co. on Twitter
- Nicole Lawson on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Improve Your Customer Support with TextExpander
Every minute counts when running a business. That’s why we are so excited to introduce you to an amazing, time-saving customer support solution – TextExpander! TextExpander gives you an edge over your competition by speeding up your customer support and communications with easy-to-format snippets that save you time when typing. With TextExpander, your customer communications will have less repetition, fewer errors and consistent messaging that will keep your growing team aligned and working more efficiently.
Here’s how it works…
- Drop commonly used content (like email templates and FAQs) into TextExpander to create a snippet and assign an abbreviation.
- Type the abbreviation to trigger your snippet and see your content expand.
It’s that easy!
TextExpander is available on Mac, Windows, Chrome, iPhone and iPad so you can use your snippets on any device, in any program, and share them with your growing team.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to save valuable time and get more done with the power of TextExpander. To start your journey toward better, faster, more consistent customer support and save 20% off your first year with TextExpander, visit www.TextExpander.com/Podcast.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment