Wear the Heels with Dr. Najwa Javed of E’MAR Italy
Dr. Najwa Javed was on a girls trip when the idea for her footwear business was born. Everyone but her had foot pain and it was then that she knew she had to do something. E’MAR was born soon after.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Dr. Najwa Javed, founder of E’MAR, a revolutionary footwear brand that blends luxury and comfort into one. She talks with us about raising capital, balancing everything, being an introverted Entreprenista, and so much more.
““So I decided that I was just going to use my medical expertise, and figure that like, okay, if you’re in a high heel, what should your foot do? What is your posture doing? Where are your pain points? How can I fix it?” – Dr. Najwa Javed
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Dr. Najwa talks about her background and where her idea for E’MAR came from (4:02)
- Dr. Najwa talks about raising capital (9:56)
- Dr. Najwa shares how she balances being a mom and running a business while being a doctor (15:15)
- Dr. Najwa talks about her team (18:26)
- Dr. Najwa shares how she got E’MAR in front of retailers (20:42)
- Stephanie and Dr. Najwa talk about being introverted Entreprenistas (25:12)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Everybody was in pain except me. And they were like, ‘this is ridiculous. How come you don’t have any pain?’ And I was like, ‘oh, it’s because like, I know how to buy heels from my feet.’ So they were like, ‘you have to teach us, you have to teach us, you have to teach everybody.’ It started like that. Just teaching somebody how to buy heels, how to wear heels.” – Dr. Najwa Javed
- “My company has been built on this ability to actually test my products on patients, which is just so amazing.” – Dr. Najwa Javed
- “So a no is always a yes to me. Because you can make it better.” – Dr. Najwa Javed
Connect with Dr. Najwa Javed :
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.