Scaling Strategies to Elevate Your Business with Carlyn Bushman
For new businesses or even businesses simply looking to expand, understanding the importance and benefits of setting a foundation that supports uninhibited growth is key. Carlyn’s experience in manifesting success in this area comes directly through creating businesses of her own from the ground up. Through this work, she often gets questions like: How do I scale my business to the next level? How do I set the stage for a greater level of growth within my company?
In today’s special solo episode, Carlyn Bushman of Carlyn Bushman Consulting, takes us through her three key strategies for how to successfully scale your business to a level that works for you. After breaking down each secret for us, she goes on to share an essential exercise for implementing these tactics. Carlyn speaks on how these strategies have helped her while inspiring us to continue toward expanding in our evolution and beautifully weaving joy into the process.
“Your business is you. People buy from people. We’ve heard that so many times. So as the leader of your business when you are thinking about scaling, do only what you can do.” – Carlyn Bushman
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Carlyn shares the first key strategy: time blocking (2:15)
- Carlyn talks about how owning your calendar leads to the second key: CEO time (3:39)
- Carlyn explains the third and final key: delegation (6:41)
- Carlyn walks us through The Delegation Exercise (9:55)
- Carlyn speaks on how she personally uses the exercise (13:45)
- Carlyn provides a review of her three key strategies for scaling a business (15:12)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “So I would begin by designating a time on your calendar where you feel that you are at your absolute best. And don’t think that you have to take it all at one time, you can block out CEO time, for 30 minutes, give yourself the luxury of just starting with 30 minutes.” – Carlyn Bushman
- “There’s actually a lot less fun in doing this alone. It is so much more interesting when you can surround yourself with beautiful humans who are excited to contribute to your business. Don’t take that away from them.” – Carlyn Bushman
- “When I say that there’s also shiny object syndrome. And I am saying I can come up with lots of ideas. And I think I need to implement them all right now. Absolutely right now today because if I don’t somebody else will, that’s not actually the case, we can give them a home. So ‘No One Really Needs To Do It’ could also be a great home for you to asterisk those beautiful ideas and say, ‘You know what, we’re going to look at that in Q2 of 2024. We’re just gonna give that a little home right now.’ And that’s okay, too.” – Carlyn Bushman
- “Embrace the progress over perfection.” – Carlyn Bushman
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.