Saving Lives, One Bag at a Time with Sylvia Kampshoff
Sylvia Kampshoff is the founder and CEO of two businesses: the more established Kanthaka Inc. and the newly-launched PATA Lifestyle. Sylvia obtained her PhD in Law from the University of Heidelberg in 2015 before founding Kanthaka Inc. the following year. She has always had an affinity for business, and it’s this affinity that led to the birth of PATA Lifestyle.
In this episode, Sylvia walks us through what inspired her to start her new business and how she went about launching it. She speaks to us about the importance of manufacturer relationships and promotional methods and breaks down the logistics of running a business like PATA Lifestyle.
“Find the perfect manufacturer who understands you. Your partner is crucial. Because all those bad stories you hear [are] basically manufacturers who don’t believe in you, who are like, ‘Oh my god, she only wants to buy like 50 bags. I’m not interested in this.’ But my guys, they believed in the story.” – Sylvia Kampshoff
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- How Sylvia was inspired to start PATA Lifestyle (1:19)
- What happens after someone purchases one of Sylvia’s bags (7:52)
- How Sylvia’s promoted her business since it launched (9:37)
- How Sylvia balances her inventory (12:09)
- Why Sylvia thinks it’s important to pick your manufacturer wisely (13:27)
- Jessica’s PR advice for Sylvia (17:10)
- Stephanie’s advice for Sylvia on scaling her business and targeting her audience (18:59)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Like [I] felt relationships I didn’t feel before because [breast cancer] seems to be such a common issue.” – Sylvia Kampshoff
- “It’s not in your face like Louis Vuitton, right? It’s not screaming ‘withdraw money!’ It’s just, you know, it’s high quality and it stands for something” – Sylvia Kampshoff
- “So it actually saves lives. And that already drives me sufficiently.” – Sylvia Kampshoff
Connect with Sylvia Kampshoff:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.