Mamaprenista Founded, Doctor Formulated with Whitney Poma of Momful
If you’re a new mom you know how stressful it can be when you start breastfeeding. There is a constant worry that your baby may not be latching well or eating enough. You may wonder if your breast milk has enough calories and nutrition for your little one. You may even start to question your own nutrition and how it affects your newborn.
Our guest on today’s episode is Whitney Poma, founder of Momful. Momful is a breastfeeding mom’s best friend when it comes to nutrition supplementation. In this episode, Whitney talks about how she came up with the idea to start Momful, the void in the market that it fills, and so much more.
“Nobody said anything about my nutrition. And I felt like somebody had withheld information from me. And you’re right. That’s why I started Momful, to tell that story so that other people heard the same thing. And they didn’t get this far into a challenge without knowing.” – Whitney Poma
This Week on Startups in Stilettos:
- What led to Whitney starting Momful (1:43)
- What products Momful offers and what they help with (6:39)
- Her advice for entrepreneurs just getting started (9:58)
- Whitney’s question about imposter syndrome (15:36)
- The percentage of breastfeeding women Momful can help (23:24)
- Whitney’s question about building community (24:52)
- Whitney’s top tip for entrepreneurs and entreprenistas alike (28:01)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Every day put a little timer on your phone and spend 30 minutes on your idea. And just take the next step.” – Whitney Poma
- “I can hardly keep enough nutrition in my baby. What do you think my nutrition looks like? And then it was like ‘ding, ding, ding you are your baby’s nutrition.’” – Whitney Poma
- “I am really excited about sharing my passion with other people that are passionate about serving breastfeeding moms and helping the 60% of women who don’t breastfeed as long as they want to meet their goals that they set for themselves with breastfeeding.” – Whitney Poma
- “So Momful is mama founded, doctor formulated.” – Whitney Poma
Connect with Whitney:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.