Learning to Leverage Your Strengths When Building a Business with Brooke Latham
If you ask Brooke, she’ll most likely tell you that she didn’t choose the Entrepreneurial life, but that the Entrepreneurial life chose her. After being left feeling unsatisfied and lacking a vision she resonated with, Brooke decided to step away from her 9-5 in the fine art world without knowing what the future would hold. By leaning into her strengths and building a business on her own terms, she has now found a sense of purpose in helping other purpose-driven brands grow their businesses.
In today’s episode, Carlyn sits down with Brooke Latham, founder and CEO of Social Canvas, a full-service marketing agency specializing in working with organizations of purpose. Brooke shares with us the vision behind Social Canvas, why it’s important to utilize both visual and verbal communication for an impactful marketing strategy, her recommendations for organization and client management tools, why client experience should always be top of mind, and so much more!
“It’s hard to sell something that you don’t believe in.” – Brooke Latham
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Brooke shares the mission and inspiration behind Social Canvas (3:03)
- Brooke shares when it’s the right time to connect with a digital marketing agency (5:18)
- What Brooke didn’t know before going into business (6:35)
- Brooke’s biggest win to date in her business (10:24)
- Brooke discusses which marketing tools she recommends the most (12:16)
- Brooke talks the duration of time it takes to convert a lead into business (16:43)
- Brookes thoughts on the recent announcement of TikTok’s expansion into the music, tech, and e-commerce space (18:50)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Consumers today really expect that the brands they choose, have strong mission, vision, and values and they’re really looking for messages that they can connect with in their brands.” – Brooke Latham
- “I think that’s a really important thing to be looking at just when clients come in the door with you, what’s their experience, like then because those are the people who are going to be retained clients for you, and potentially people who you might have the opportunity to work on more work with them as an upsell or get referrals from them.” – Brooke Latham
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Connect with Brooke:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.