Launching a Timeless Luxury Candle Brand with Cassity Brown of St. Brown & Co.
Cassity Brown is the owner and operator of St. Brown & Co., a luxury candle brand based in Orange County, California offering hand-poured luxury candles made with a vegan wax blend. As the daughter of entrepreneurial parents, Cassity was inspired to launch her company out of a desire to create a timeless, luxurious brand of her own – as well as a dash of ‘divine intervention.’. She holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration from the George L. Argyros School of Business and Economics and has recently launched a business consultation company aimed at helping entrepreneurs achieve tangible solutions to some of their most complex challenges.
Cassity joins us today to share the inspiration behind launching her luxury candle brand, St. Brown & Co., and the lessons she’s learned along the way. We discuss the trial and error phase of launching her signature line of products, the marketing strategies she explored when starting the business, and how she eventually branched out to offer her products to wholesale customers. She highlights the importance of staying open to change and being fearless about asking questions. We also discuss strategies to pitch your business to media publications and what inspired Cassity to launch her consulting company.
“When you make pivots – it’s always to make the brand better. That’s never a bad thing.” – Cassity Brown
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week on Startups in Stilettos Podcast:
- The inspiration behind launching St. Brown & Co
- How growing up in an entrepreneurial family impacted her decision to launch her company and how her family responded to her desire to start a business
- The trial and error phase of launching a startup candle company
- The importance of being open to change and listening to your gut instincts as a startup founder
- The day Cassity officially launched her company
- Marketing techniques Cassity used to promote her new startup
- Networking and working with wholesale suppliers and shop owners
- Creating a wholesale deck for product-based entrepreneurs
- Being fearless about asking questions
- The importance of having a mentor
- Connecting with and pitching to media publications for feature articles
- What inspired Cassity to launch her consulting business and the three-part consulting method she uses when working with entrepreneurs
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “The parallels with candlemaking itself being a creative and scientific process – that’s the same with business.” – Cassity Brown
- “Keep digging. Keep trying to find the answers to what you’re looking for.” – Cassity Brown
- “Connect with the people that are willing to share.” – Cassity Brown
Connect with Cassity Brown:
- St. Brown & Co.
- Cassity Brown Business Consultant
- St. Brown & Co. on Pinterest
- St. Brown & Co. on Instagram
- St. Brown & Co. on Facebook
- Cassity Brown on LinkedIn
- Cassity Brown on Instagram
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts!
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join.
We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.