How to Create an Attention Grabbing Pitch for Investors with Lauren Kane of VC Worthy Business
After a chance encounter with a recruiter led Lauren to one of the nation’s largest angel groups, she hit the ground running with the mission of helping Entreprenistas raise capital. Once her son was born, however, she decided to branch out on her own and created VC Worthy Business.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Lauren Kane, founder of VC Worthy Business, a company that helps female founders create attention grabbing pitches that investors cannot say no to. She shares with us the challenges she has faced, the business tools she recommends, her plans for the Entreprenista Raising Capital group, and so much more.
“You as a founder have all the power, you have all the power and control, you have the power to make those investors money. And without you, they’re not going to make that money, if they don’t invest in your company.” – Lauren Kane
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Lauren talks about her career path (2:05)
- Lauren shares the challenges she faced when she started her business (5:07)
- Business tools for founders that want to raise capital (12:13)
- Lauren talks about her plans for the Entreprenista Raising Capital group that she is leading (15:08)
- Lauren shares the big game changer for her business (25:21)
- What being part of the Entreprenista League Community means to Lauren (29:49)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “But it was one of those things that is humbling, because it was like, once I opened the doors, I build it, they will come and I open the doors, and there’s crickets.” – Lauren Kane
- “I talked to so many women where they’re like, oh, my gosh, my best ideas are in the shower. And I know, it’s because that’s when we have nothing else interacting with our brain. But yeah, it’s like, as soon as I open the door, I’m like, it happened again.” – Lauren Kane
- “What I am most proud of is lately, forcing myself, I had to force myself, force myself to start to take some time for me, my business is in a great place. I love what I do. And I get to work with amazing women all day long. And not many people get to say that. But I forgot about me for a minute.” – Lauren Kane
Connect with Lauren Kane:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.