From Lawyer to Candle Maker with Annabelle DeGrazio of Taja Collection￼
What started out as a search for the perfect gift for her secretary led Annabelle DeGrazio to quit her dream job. Annabelle had always been creative, so she decided to blend the creativity that flowed in her with her analytical skills and that led to the start of Taja Collection.
In this week’s episode, Annabelle DeGrazio, founder of Taja Collection, a Florida candle company, shares why she doesn’t have a business plan, her must-have resources for businesses, why she loves Instagram, and so much more.
“So I said, ‘You know what, let me try it out. I have my law degree, I passed the bar, I have everything I need. I can always come back to this.’ And I haven’t had to come back. And it’s been five years.” – Annabelle DeGrazio
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Annabelle shares how Taja started (1:22)
- Annabelle shares if Taja has a business plan (3:15)
- What marketing looked like in the beginning of Taja (7:38)
- Annabelle talks about her hiring process (10:00)
- Annabelle shares the benefits she offers her employees (12:43)
- How to find interns and new hires through Instagram (16:07)
- Annabelle, Stephanie, and Jessica talk about marketing strategies (17:35)
- 20% off discount code – ENTREPRENISTA20
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I’ve always had that entrepreneurial spirit. But once the idea came about, I couldn’t get it out of my mind. And it was something I needed. So I said, ‘You know what, let me try it out.'” – Annabelle DeGrazio
- “I’m able to offer a 401k and be able to offer health benefits, which was really important to me, because I don’t want to have a revolving door. I really treat everyone at the company like they’re in my family because this is. So I really want to make it advantageous to them.” – Annabelle DeGrazio
- “Google is the best resource out there and it’s free.” – Annabelle DeGrazio
Connect with Annabelle DeGrazio:
- Annabelle DeGrazio on Instagram
- Annabelle DeGrazio on LinkedIn
- Taja Collection on Instagram
- Taja Collection on LinkedIn
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment