Building Connections with Haley Dagan of The Written World
Like many people, Haley Dagan lost her corporate position in the hospitality industry during the pandemic. After taking some time to reflect on what she wanted to do, she decided to dive head first into her side business because she loved marketing and making connections.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Haley Dagan, founder of The Written World, an agency of purpose-driven copywriting and content creation for small businesses. She shares why she values connection over followers, who her ideal clients are, what she’s most proud of, and so much more.
“The part of marketing that I always loved was the connections through words. And that’s why I started The Written World. And it was something for me that was just like another creative outlet.” – Haley Dagan
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Haley talks about the decision to go full-time with The Written World after losing her corporate job (3:14)
- Haley explains what The Written World is (6:46)
- Haley shares how she found her first clients by being strategic (9:27)
- Haley describes her ideal client and what services The Written World offers (17:30)
- Haley talks about what she’s most proud of in her business (24:29)
- Stephanie and Haley talk about when to step back once your business grows (27:39)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Yeah, I mean, at first, I really took the time to just think like, ‘what is it that I want to do? Is this the path I want to continue on? Is there something better for me out there?’” – Haley Dagan
- “My philosophy to getting clients has remained the same: connections come first, and as you build those connections the business comes, too.” – Haley Dagan
- “Especially coming from someone who just always imagined their career in corporate America, even being able to say that I have my own agency, I think is something that I’m super proud of.” – Haley Dagan
Connect with Haley Dagan:
- The Written World on Instagram
- The Written World on Twitter
- The Written World on Facebook
- The Written World on LinkedIn
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.