Broadway to Direct Sales with Theda Blackwood
Ever thought about entering the world of direct sales? Why or why not? Entering this kind of industry can be quite daunting but how would you feel if you heard about all of its success stories? If you learned about the women who are thriving in the world of direct sales?
This episode’s guest, Theda Blackwood exemplifies what it means to be successful in the direct sales industry. Fueled by inspiration brought on by her mom, Theda has built three multi-million dollar businesses, the third, and most recent, being Theorem Method, a line of bespoke hair care products. Join us as we talk to Theda about her early aspirations, her experience on Broadway at an young age, the development of her career, and the most valuable lessons she’s learnt along the way.
“When you are buying products from a woman in this industry, you’re helping put her kids through dance class, you’re helping her, you know, maybe put gas in her car or food on her table.” – Theda Blackwood
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- How Theda’s background in musical theater helped prepare her for her future career (3:42)
- Theda’s experience at her first direct sales company (5:17)
- How Theda transitioned from home decor to jewelry (6:26)
- Why Theda chose her particular career path (7:09)
- Why Theda believes the direct sales industry offers great opportunities for women (10:05)
- Theda’s advice for women who are apprehensive about starting a business (12:58)
- The revenue potential for someone working in direct sales (13:43)
- Jessica and Stephanie’s advice for Theda for making her brand more recognizable (15:58)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I really feel like what I’m in is the women’s confidence business.” – Theda Blackwood
- “We, as women, we sell stuff all the time. We are sharing, we are influencing.” – Theda Blackwood
- “I think the more we learn about the product or service that we have to offer, we can share that knowledge with people.”
Connect with Theda Blackwood:
- The Theorem Method
- The Theorem Method on Instagram
- The Theorem Method on Facebook
- Theda Blackwood on LinkedIn
- Theda Blackwood on Twitter
- Theda Blackwood on Instagram
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.