Bold Business Moves with Leigh Burgess of Bold Industries Group
Leigh Burgess is the founder and CEO of Bold Industries Group. But before that, she was a healthcare worker for over 20 years. When 2020 hit, Leigh left healthcare and started her company. She’s launched two brands within her company so far, with two more coming soon.
In this week’s episode, Leigh shares why she left her stable corporate healthcare career to start her own business. She discusses how her four different brands co-exist under her company, and how she made nearly SEVEN figures in her first year of business. Make sure to stay tuned until the very end, because Leigh shares so many helpful tips for her fellow entrepreneurs.
“I didn’t think I was being bold at any point. Like I’m just living my life, doing my thing. I’m not special. But what I found out when I started off is, like what I was doing was, actually people were saying things like, ‘Oh, you inspired me and this was an inspiring moment.'” – Leigh Burgess
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Leigh shares what the Bold Industries Group consists of and what it does (2:56)
- Why Leigh left her corporate job to start her own business (9:23)
- How Leigh got her first clients [spoiler alert: this is some good advice] (14:58)
- Leigh asks Stephanie how to leverage LinkedIn for her business (25:32)
- How Leigh built her email list (28:36)
- How being part of the Entreprenista League has helped Leigh (33:42)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “And what I found out is that everyone doesn’t belong in the bullseye of closeness and have that access to me.” – Leigh Burgess
- “So I had to scale pretty fast, which I had not thought about that. It’s a good problem to have, you know, the ‘crisis of abundance,’ I heard that like a gazillion times, which is true.” – Leigh Burgess
- “It is important that you feel whole, when you’re doing this. If you’re fractured, and you try to jump into this, it’s not going to work, or it’s not going to feel good when it’s working or you’re not even going to be able to enjoy it.” – Leigh Burgess
- “I like the creative zone. But every idea I have is not a good one. So I have a system of when I have an idea, it goes up on the board. And then we talk about it as a team.” – Leigh Burgess
Connect with Leigh Burgess:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment