Big Squeeze with Brittany Driscoll of Squeeze
Brittany Driscoll graduated with a BA in Communications from Loyola Marymount University before starting her career in marketing and advertising. She went on to work for a number of Fortune 500 brands, including Disney and Hilton, before starting as the Director of Marketing at Drybar, and then eventually deciding to start her own massage business, Squeeze. Squeeze is the answer for those looking for a feel-good massage experience with only mediocre discount establishments or overpriced spas to choose from.
In this episode, Brittany breaks down what led to her business inspiration and what it’s been like to build a business from the ground-up. She walks us through the process of creating Squeeze and sheds some helpful insights along the way.
“What are our values? What do we stand for? How do we want people to feel? Not only from a guest standpoint, but also from an employee standpoint. That’s a big part of our business at Squeeze. I always like to say we’re in the people industry and not the service industry. And so we just place a lot of emphasis on really how we make people feel.” – Brittany Driscoll
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- How Brittany and her partners came up with the idea for Squeeze (1:38)
- Some of the first steps Brittany and her partners took towards starting their business (3:07)
- Brittany’s approach to branding Squeeze (5:38)
- How long it took to get Squeeze up and running (7:11)
- Why Brittany and her partners chose to franchise Squeeze (9:33)
- Squeeze’s strategy for finding operating partners (11:12)
- Stephanie’s advice for Brittany on reaching out to influencers as a small brand without big dollars (15:18)
- Jessica’s advice for Brittany for being on broadcast television (17:32)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Buying into a franchise is choosing to join a system that aligns with your values and offers a service or a product that you align with.” – Brittany Driscoll
- “This is my first year entrepreneurial venture. And I always like to say it’s been overwhelming and exhausting, but mostly liberating. And so I really just loved the idea of creating a feel good brand that other people could bring to their community and have that same experience.” – Brittany Driscoll
Connect with Brittany Driscoll:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment