Beauty Services in a Dash with Carla Oliva of Dash Bar
One day in 2017, Carla had been looking forward to pampering herself before her vacation with her husband. However, after six hours, she had only been able to get three services. She realized there had to be a more time efficient way for women to get their beauty services done.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Carla Olivia, founder of Dash Bar, a revolutionary beauty bar that allows women to get multiple services done simultaneously so they are able to get back to their lives quicker. Carla talks about the process of starting Dash Bar, she gives marketing tips for Entreprenistas who have brick and mortar stores, she talks about the packages Dash Bar offers, and so much more.
“We offer the highest level of quality services that impact women the most, that are efficient in the way that they’re performed, but also maximize their investment.” – Carla Olivia
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Carla shares about the origin and process of starting Dash Bar (3:11)
- Carla talks about what the full experience of Dash Bar includes (7:10)
- Carla gives marketing tips (11:32)
- What has surprised Carla the most since starting Dash Bar (16:59)
- Carla and Stephanie talk about how marketing has helped Entreprenista League grow (20:49)
- Carla talks about the events and packages Dash Bar has (23:35)
- Carla explains when she will expand Dash Bar (29:50)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “So I started to do research in the market to figure out what type of beauty services were out there, what kind of furniture was out there that could allow for multiple services to be performed simultaneously, and what types of services could be combined.” – Carla Olivia
- “What has surprised me the most is my resiliency. Either that or I’m a glutton for punishment. I haven’t figured that quite out yet.” – Carla Olivia
- “I think behind all the challenges, you have to allow yourself like those small wins, and really kind of pat yourself on the back and give yourself the opportunity to say to yourself, you know, I did a good job.” – Carla Olivia
Connect with Carla Olivia:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment