A Picture’s Worth a Thousand Words with Christina Hawatmeh￼
Christina Hawatmeh is the founder and CEO of the world’s largest authentic photo library, Scopio. Scopio – which stands for Scope It Out – aims to distribute images across the world and secure a place for them in our history. Its primary goal is to elevate the stories of individuals who are underrepresented. After completing her masters in International Affairs from Columbia University and starting her career, Christina was inspired to start Scopio in 2016. She’s also an author, having just released a book called The Year Time Stopped: The Global Pandemic and Photos.
On this episode, Christina walks us through her entrepreneur journey and how the COVID-19 pandemic inspired her to write her new book. She tells us about the steps she took to create her book and how its content came together.
“Don’t worry about those small details. They’re not important. You will get there if you stay focused on that one thing that you want to work on. And then those opportunities, which seems so high bar right now, will actually come to you” – Christina Hawatmeh
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- How the COVID-19 pandemic inspired Christina’s book (1:32)
- The type of content included in Christina’s book (3:53)
- The steps Christina took before starting her book (5:30)
- What Christina believes to be the most important thing when it comes to starting a book (8:49)
- What Jessica believes to be the most important thing individuals can take away from Christina’s story (14:19)
- How Christina chose to market her book (16:14)
- How Christina was able to stay focused on her business (19:10)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Don’t worry about those small details. They’re not important. You will get there if you stay focused on that one thing that you want to work on. And then those opportunities, which seems so high bar right now, will actually come to you” – Christina Hawatmeh
- If you have power, and you give it to somebody, that’s the most powerful thing you can do.” – Christina Hawatmeh
Connect with Christina Hawatmeh:
- Scopio on Instagram
- Scopio on Facebook
- The Year Time Stopped: The Global Pandemic in Photos
- Christina Hawatmeh on LinkedIn
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment