Women Creating Wealth with Amanda Schutzbank of Willow Growth
Amanda Schutzbank saw a hole in the capital-raising world for non-tech businesses needing capital during the early stages of business. So she decided to put her years of expertise to use and do something about it.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Amanda Schutzbank, co-founder of Willow Growth, a company that provides early-seed funding for consumer-based businesses. She shares why there was a need for Willow Growth, what the difference in venture capital and private equity is, what investors look for in pitches, and so much more.
“My mission right now is we want more women managing more capital. And I think that that flows through to more women starting more businesses and getting funding. And let’s just keep on going, brick by brick. And I think part of that for me, and why I really am doing this and so passionate about it, is just to get more women creating wealth for themselves.” – Amanda Schutzbank
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Amanda shares her background (3:20)
- Amanda talks about the moment she decided to open her own business (6:36)
- Amanda explains the difference between private equity and venture capital (9:00)
- Amanda talks about her relationship with her co-founder (15:30)
- Amanda talks about starting Willow Growth at the beginning of the pandemic (19:58)
- Amanda shares what investors are looking for in pitches and some helpful tips (26:24)
- Amanda shares one of the brands she’s most excited about (29:55)
- Rapid fire questions (34:26)
- How Amanda finds balance (36:55)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Amanda (41:51)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Don’t feel like you need to change your story and make it a different story every time because that person’s never heard your story. And so you just kind of have to do it over and over again and repeat yourself and it will lead to success.” – Amanda Schutzbank
- “COVID actually really accelerated a lot of our thesis, we were investing in value-led consumer brands.” – Amanda Schutzbank
- “I want to leave a legacy, I want to build a legacy that, you know, stands beyond my time.” – Amanda Schutzbank
Connect with Amanda Schutzbank:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.