Wear the Colorful Suit with Sabeena Ladha of Deux
Sabeena was like every other millennial and took the straight and narrow corporate career path. Then when the world shut down and she was quarantined to her home, Sabeena mixed her love of healthy eating and a cookie dough obsession with her career knowledge of the snack industry to create a good-for-you cookie dough company.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Sabeena Ladha, CEO and founder of Deux, a healthy cookie dough company for women. Sabeena shares how she started Deux in her own kitchen during the pandemic, how she found herself on Shark Tank, how to raise capital, and so much more.
“It started as, okay, women’s nutrition and healthy indulgences, and then kind of transformed into how do we create what women want to eat and do it in a way that they want to consume it?” – Sabeena Ladha
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Sabeena talks about her early career and how it led to her starting Deux (3:34)
- Where the idea for Deux came from (8:15)
- Sabeena shares how she stays organized (15:55)
- Sabeena chats with us about her experience on Shark Tank (21:22)
- Tips and advice for fundraising (33:33)
- How to get into the retail realm (39:08)
- Rapid fire questions (42:06)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Sabeena (46:31)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I think the difference between an entrepreneur and a non entrepreneur is just doing it, like just trying it, which is kind of crazy to think about, right?” – Sabeena Ladha
- “Feeling like I don’t belong has made me work harder to belong.” – Sabeena Ladha
- “If you get a ‘no’ in the business world it’s not a no, right? Like you can keep pushing and keep finding a way there and I think noes are really discouraging and you get a shit ton of them doing this, like everybody says no, it’s much easier to say no than yes. So in this world being able to kind of navigate around that and not get discouraged is, I think, it’s super important.” – Sabeena Ladha
Connect with Sabeena Ladha:
- EatDeux.com – use code Entreprenista20 to save 20% on your order!
- Deux on Instagram
- Sabeena on Instagram
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.