The New Era of Event Planning with Jennifer Brisman of Vow
Jennifer Brisman was always a go-getter, a starter, the one who made things happen. Add that to her, as she says, “problem with authority” and you get the creator of futuristic event planning. Even though she knew she wanted to be her own boss, Jennifer’s career path started out in a completely different field–pre-med. But on one fateful day, as Jennifer planned a pre-med event, she met a person who would change the trajectory of her life forever.
In this week’s episode, we talk with Jennifer Brisman, CEO and founder of Vow, an event planning company that has changed guest management for the better. She shares tips for starting a tech company, how to handle business with a remote team, how to raise capital, and so much more.
“Since I was little I feel like I naturally had a problem with authority or doing things, you know, the way anybody else wanted me to do it. I always thought I knew best. And you know, as time went along, I kind of proved that to myself in small ways.” – Jennifer Brisman
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Jennifer shares her background and how young she was when she realized she wanted to own her own business (2:56)
- Jennifer talks about the early years of Vow (10:23)
- Tips to starting a tech company (15:53)
- How Vow got its first customers (22:06)
- How Jennifer manages a remote team (29:26)
- What Jennifer has learned about raising capital (33:26)
- Rapid fire questions (39:24)
- How Jennifer stays organized (46:41)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Jennifer (51:51)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I think the first thing that I would say is to be really, really clear about what you want to build.” – Jennifer Brisman
- ” So like, right now, the first few engineers that I hired, I needed people that I could connect with, not just robots, like I needed people who, you know, were granular and had good spidey sense and great chemistry with me.” – Jennifer Brisman
- “So I’m not sure what we’re doing exactly right now, but as far as my learning curve, it sucks to be rejected. Like it really, really sucks to be rejected. That’s number one.” – Jennifer Brisman
- “But if you’re a CEO, get the fuck out of email. Email is where productivity goes to die. Nothing good happens on email, nothing urgent happens on email.” – Jennifer Brisman
Connect with Jennifer Brisman:
- Vow on LinkedIn
- Vow on Instagram
- Vow on Twitter
- Jennifer Brisman on LinkedIn
- Jennifer Brisman on Instagram
- Jennifer Brisman on Twitter
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment