The Kind Life with Alicia Silverstone
Have you ever had a chance encounter that led to your life’s purpose? For Alicia Silverstone, that encounter happened when she was eight and witnessed a calf being taken from its mother. From then on, she swore she would never eat meat again. That childhood decision led to Alicia creating a brand rooted in personal ethics.
Today, we sit down with Alicia Silverstone, mom, actress, author, advocate, and Entreprenista. Alicia has written multiple books and has a line of vitamins with Garden of Life. She shares with us how she found her life’s passion, how she learned to be okay with using her voice, why she decided to start a vitamin line, and so much more.
“I was just simply aligned with ‘this is not okay with me anymore. And I’m not going to stand by it. I’m just gonna stand in my truth.’ And that connected me deeply to my self worth.” – Alicia Silverstone
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Alicia discusses what led her to start a business (3:03)
- How Alicia discovered her passion (4:03)
- Alicia talks about finding her voice and how it has impacted her life (13:19)
- Alicia shares about prioritizing different tasks at different times in her life (17:51)
- Why Alicia decided to start a vitamin line (26:06)
- Alicia shares some of her learning lessons (32:33)
- Rapid fire questions (36:54)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Alicia (42:22)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I have to know that it was the journey I was meant to go on. And it allowed me to do all of these things that I’m so passionate about.” – Alicia Silverstone
- “Mainstream had heard ‘vegetarian,’ but they hadn’t heard ‘vegan.’ So I know that I was being made fun of a lot. And I didn’t care, it was, it was kind of I knew that, you know, when you know that you’re doing something right, what do you care?” – Alicia Silverstone
- “This is my personal struggle: just wanting to do so many different things. And there’s only one of me and not wanting to do them not well.” – Alicia Silverstone
Connect with Alicia Silverstone:
- Alicia Silverstone on Instagram
- Alicia Silverstone on Facebook
- Alicia Silverstone on Twitter
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.