The Intersection of Community, Commerce, & Culture with Amanda Goetz of House of Wise
Amanda Goetz is the founder & CEO of House of Wise, a luxury CBD brand empowering women to take purposeful control over their lives. Before launching the House of Wise, Amanda served as the Vice President of Marketing at The Knot, where she gained experience in operational excellence and overseeing brand and product marketing. In addition to leading the House of Wise, Amanda is the part-time Chief Marketing Officer of Teal, a platform that equips job-seekers with the tools, resources, and communities they need to manage their career.
Amanda joins us today to discuss why she believes in helping women take control of their sleep, sex, stress, and wealth, and how the House of Wise aims to make that possible. She describes how watching her father build his company showed her what it means to be an entrepreneur and parent. She explains what “conversational breadcrumbs” are and why they’re the realistic path to transforming an idea into a business. Amanda also shares her tips for prioritizing the fundraising process and underscores why creating a community around your brand is the best launch strategy.
“Who’s going to be in the trenches with you is important. They need to have skin in the game and feel like it’s their brand, too.” – Amanda Goetz
This week on the Entreprenista Podcast:
- Amanda’s non-traditional path to the founding of the House of Wise
- Amanda’s first failed start-up and the challenges she faced as a female founder
- Using Twitter as a business and marketing tool
- The best time to start a company, a family, or anything in life
- Why Amanda didn’t leave her full-time job right after founding the House of Wise
- Following the breadcrumbs to capital
- How Amanda advertised her brand by building a community
- The biggest mistakes and lessons Amanda learned from her first start-up and how it prepared her to lead House of Wise
- Some guidelines to follow when working on a business with friends
- Why Entreprenistas need to write down the mistakes they make during their journey
- Amanda’s tips for Entreprenistas who have amazing ideas but need investors
- What the valuation process was like for House of Wise
- House of Wise products and how the company empowers women to be in the driver’s seat of their lives
- Why setting an intention for every part of your day is key to work-life balance
- How Amanda decides where to spend her time and effort and how to foster autonomy in your team
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “The right time to start a company or a family has no one answer; you’ll figure out how to navigate it.” – Amanda Goetz
- “I don’t view anything as a true mistake. It’s always been ‘failing forward.’” – Amanda Goetz
- “Founder mental health is critical. Not just for you, but for the entire company.” – Amanda Goetz
Connect with Amanda Goetz:
- House of Wise
- House of Wise on LinkedIn
- House of Wise on Instagram
- House of Wise on Twitter
- Amanda Goetz on LinkedIn
- Amanda Goetz on Instagram
- Amanda Goetz on Twitter
Join the Entreprenista League!
Hey Entreprenistas! We’re launching the Entreprenista League, our very own members platform and community just for you!
We listened to your feedback and the support you’re looking for to start and build your business, and we’re here to provide you with all of the resources you’ll need!
As part of the Entreprenista League, you’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day. You’ll find special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, and the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista league today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Say “Hello!” To DigiCards™
Are you ready to take your virtual team meetings to the next level? Are you tired of yelling “You’re on mute!” at your computer screen and letting the important points you were trying to make get lost?
If you’re tired of leading unproductive, distraction-filled team meetings, then it’s time for you to say “Hello!” to DigiCards. Each pack of virtual meeting cards include 20 color-coded professional cards designed to streamline your meeting communications while allowing each meeting to create an opportunity for collaboration and fun.
Say “Goodbye!” to waving your arms, being ignored, and frantically typing in the chat.
Start your next virtual meeting with DigiCards – the virtual meeting cards for entreprenistas.
To grab your deck of DigiCards and bring fun, engagement, and collaboration back into your team meetings, visit www.hellodigicards.com. Use the coupon code: Entreprenista10 to receive 10% off your first order.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.