The Ever-Changing World of Public Relations with Beth Marcello of PNC
Beth Marcello is the Director of Women’s Business Development at PNC, an organization with a longstanding history of building strong communities and financial opportunities for individuals, families, and businesses. Before joining PNC, Beth was the Principal and Lead Consultant of PRwriting, Inc., a communications consulting firm she founded in 1990. In addition to her work at PNC, Beth is an adjunct faculty member at the University of Pittsburgh, where she teaches undergraduate courses such as PR Writing, Creative Corporate Writing, and Writing for the Public.
Beth joins me today to discuss her journey through the public relations industry and the growth of women in business. She explains what made her return to the corporate world after starting her own PR company and how she brings her entrepreneurial spirit to PNC. She outlines PNC’s efforts to support women in business and highlights how community, connection, and collaboration are essential to the growth of Entreprenistas.
“You have such an opportunity to tailor your message to different audiences today. Where everything was in the past just a public announcement, today, you deliver your message directly to the audience.” – Beth Marcello
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- What led Beth to the world of public relations
- How and why Beth started her own public relations company
- The challenges Beth faced when she returned to the corporate world after being an Entreprenista
- What drew Beth to work with PNC
- How Beth brings her entrepreneurial spirit into an organization like PNC
- How PNC is supporting women in business
- The lessons Beth learned from the early stages of her career in public relations
- How the PR and communications industries have changed over the years
- Women in Business Week and how Entreprenistas can get involved
- The process of planning conferences and other large events
- How the Women in Business Week conference pivoted to online programming after COVID-19
- The power of community, connection, and collaboration
- Closing the economic gender gap, PNC’s Project 257, and Beth’s hope for the future of women in the next five years
- HR 5050 and how evolving technology has made it easier for women to start businesses
- How networks and communities help women in business
- What it means to be an Interprenista and an Entreprenista
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “PR writing is all about knowing your audience.” – Beth Marcello
- “The phone quit ringing. It wasn’t because I wasn’t getting any business, but there was a dramatic shift from meeting people for lunch to ‘send me an email.’” – Beth Marcello
- “Women in business need the support of networks like Entreprenista, good role models, and access to capital; they also need to not be afraid to think big and grow their businesses.” – Beth Marcello
Connect with Beth Marcello:
- PNC’s Project 257
- PNC’s Women in BPNC Bankusiness Week
- PNC’s Women in Business Week Webcast
- PNC on LinkedIn
- PNC on Instagram
- Beth Marcello on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
PNC Celebrates Women Business Leaders
Each year, PNC celebrates women business leaders by hosting Women in Business Week. As co-founders of SocialFly and Entreprenista, Courtney and I were invitedto join the lineup of this year’s keynote speakers!
Join us on Thursday, May 12th at 1p.m. Eastern Time for our keynote event, but you won’t want to miss any of the webcasts. This year’s all-virtual line up is absolutely inspiring.
To register for PNC’s Women in Business Week webcast event, head over to PNC.com/businesswebcasts – we can’t wait to see you there!
Introducing… Startups in Stilettos Podcast
Have you recently started a business? Are you considering taking the leap to start? Do you find yourself alone and overwhelmed in the whirlwind of early challenges in your entreprenista journey?
Then our newest podcast – brought to you by the Entreprenista Network – is for you.
The Startups in Stilettos Podcast helps you learn what it takes to grow your startup from your peers in the startup world and those who are in your shoes… or your stilettos, if you will. Each week, you’ll hear from startup founders from the Entreprenista League who are in the trenches and building their businesses from the ground up.
Learn more about the Startups in Stilettos Podcast by visiting www.entreprenista.com/startupsinstilettos/ and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts..
Startups in Stilettos launches on March 8, 2022 – on International Women’s Day. We can’t wait to share everything we have in store with you.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.