Sparking a Digital-Native Self-Care Movement with Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton of Chillhouse
Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton is the Founder and CEO of Chillhouse, a day spa that serves fashionable cafe drinks in spaces designed to help its customers slow down and relax. As CEO of Chillhouse, Cyndi brings together her experience in hospitality and flair for brand marketing to grow the company. Cyndi has previously worked as the Brand and Business Manager of Third Wave Fashion and served as the Editor-in-Chief and Creative Director of Taste the Style, a lifestyle site she founded in 2013.
Cyndi joins us today to discuss the power of cultivating a strong digital presence before launching your business. She divulges how her experience in her mother’s spa as a child sparked her passion for service and hospitality. She discusses the first businesses she started and what inspired her to launch Chillhouse. She outlines her process for launching a service-based spa business and explains how Chillhouse navigated its business challenges and the pandemic. Cyndi also provides insight on fundraising with friends and family and underscores why finding joy in what she does is key to her success as an Entreprenista.
“Where your personal brand and business can integrate is where the magic is.” – Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Cyndi’s entrepreneurial background and her journey launching Chillhouse
- How Cyndi sourced the first location for Chillhouse
- Management and operational challenges Cyndi had to overcome after launching Chillhouse
- Executing your brand’s presence and promise
- The lessons Cyndi learned from her first time fundraising for a spa business
- How Chillhouse’s early success sparked partnerships with companies like Nike to continue their revenue growth
- Chillhouse’s initial marketing strategies and building an Instagram-native brand
- How the company’s team has grown from its first launch
- How camaraderie between Chillhouse and its customers allowed the business to navigate through the pandemic
- Launching their first nail art product line
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Opening a physical space for your business is a dance between finding space and pitching it, because you have to fundraise if you don’t have your own capital.” – Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton
- “Everyone needs a direct leader who can fully understand what they go through and inspire them to be better in their practice.” – Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton
- “When fundraising with friends, family, and angel investors, it’s important to build a community around your business and know that they’re going to be there with you.” – Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton
Connect with Cyndi Ramirez-Fulton:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Zoho – The CRM that Does It All
As your business grows, Zoho grows with you. Zoho’s CRM packages are completely customizable, so you can utilize the tools you need when you need them – allowing you to not only find the business tools and solutions that fit your current needs, but also foresee what types of tools you might need as you continue to grow your business.
Zoho CRM is our choice for the best customer relationship management software to fuel and help sustain your business growth.
So if you’re ready to sustainably grow your business, head over to www.partners.entreprenista.com/ZohoCRM to claim your free trial plus 50% off Zoho CRM today!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment