Marketing Your Brand: From a Grassroots Approach to Online Marketing with Amanda Zuckerman of Dormify
Amanda Zuckerman is the Co-founder and CEO of Dormify, a home decor brand and e-commerce store dedicated to fashion-minded girls and first-time renters. Amanda co-founded Dormify with her mother, Karen Zuckerman, while studying at Washington University in St. Louis, where she later graduated with a double-major in Design & Visual Communication and Marketing. In addition to her role as CEO of Dormify, Amanda is a founding member of Chief, a private network designed for women executives.
Amanda joins us today to discuss how her unique experience of starting a business that caters to college students while being in college gave her the focus group she needed to set herself up for success. She describes how developing a blog for her business led her to a network of brand ambassadors eager to share Dormify. She also explains how a grassroots approach to marketing was key to Dormify’s success and shares her best advice for reaching college students.
“Our grassroots approach to marketing helped us develop strong relationships with customers and excel into being a legitimate brand.” – Amanda Zuckerman
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- The inspiration behind Dormify and how Amanda turned an idea into a business
- Building a blog for your business and developing a network of brand ambassadors
- How they networked and collaborated with vendors for their first line of products
- How inexperience helped Amanda and her mom cultivate success in their brand
- The first challenges they met in launching their business
- What it’s like to work with your mom and how Amanda sets up boundaries
- Her advice to Entreprenistas who work or are planning to work with family members
- Dormify’s grassroots approach to marketing and how their marketing strategy has evolved
- How to successfully raise business capital with friends and family
- Building an impactful ambassador and referral program
- The power of TikTok and Amanda’s advice on reaching college students as a market
- How Amanda became the CEO of Dormify
- How Dormify’s latest fundraising round positively changed the business
- Amanda’s tips and best practices for raising capital
- A typical day outside of work for Amanda and her thoughts on work/life balance
- The true benefits of being the child of an Entreprenista
- Her advice to college students who want to start businesses while studying
- App: Shopify
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Focus on building vendor relationships and respond to trends while continuing to amplify them.” – Amanda Zuckerman
- “What made our fundraising a success was approaching people in our network who were experiencing the same problem in their lives, so they understood the purpose of the business.” – Amanda Zuckerman
- “Being the child of an Entreprenista makes you have thicker skin and an appreciation for someone who runs a business.” – Amanda Zuckerman
Connect with Amanda Zuckerman:
- Dormify on LinkedIn
- Dormify on Instagram
- Dormify on Facebook
- Dormify on TikTok
- Amanda Zuckerman on LinkedIn
- Amanda Zuckerman on Instagram
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Zoho – The CRM that Does It All
As your business grows, Zoho grows with you. Zoho’s CRM packages are completely customizable, so you can utilize the tools you need when you need them – allowing you to not only find the business tools and solutions that fit your current needs, but also foresee what types of tools you might need as you continue to grow your business.
Zoho CRM is our choice for the best customer relationship management software to fuel and help sustain your business growth.
So if you’re ready to sustainably grow your business, head over to www.partners.entreprenista.com/ZohoCRM to claim your free trial plus 50% off Zoho CRM today!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment