Launching a Global Movement for Women with Santhi Ramesh of The Hershey Company
Santhi Ramesh is the CMO of The Hershey Company. A senior global marketing executive, Santhi’s career spans several years and across powerful brands such as Colgate-Palmolive, McCain Foods, and Walmart. She completed her Master of Business Administration degree at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from the University of Madras. A staunch advocate for women, Santhi is also a proud member of Chief, an organization for women leaders.
Santhi joins us today to discuss what it takes to launch a global campaign to uplift women. She shares her background and explains how her father inspired her to have a career in marketing. She outlines her strategies for leading and championing a global team. Santhi also provides her insights on reaching out and marketing to women globally and describes why Hershey’s “Her for She” campaign is close to her heart.
“It’s all about creating a sisterhood. We need to be in it together and support each other. We can all rise together.” – Santhi Ramesh
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Santhi’s role after business school and the key lessons she learned while working at Walmart
- Key lessons she learned while working at Walmart
- The 20-Foot Rule and the power of packaging
- Situational leadership and her thought process on championing a global team
- Her advice on collaborating on projects virtually
- Creative problem-solving skills and brainstorming techniques for success
- The “Her for She” campaign and what it’s like to launch a global movement
- Santhi’s tactics for reaching out and marketing to women globally
- Why the “Her for She” Campaign is important to Santhi
- Santhi’s efforts in uplifting women
- The importance of loving what you do and Santhi’s advice on balancing work and life
- Book: Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Book: Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Book: Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Look at what the shopper wants. We often look at what the consumer wants but overlook the dynamics in a retail environment that drives a purchase.” – Santhi Ramesh
- “Empower teams to unleash their creativity.” – Santhi Ramesh
- “Going through the life of a woman: understanding that experience and solving the problems she has is most important in serving her needs and maximizing the potential for you as a business owner.” – Santhi Ramesh
Connect with Santhi Ramesh:
- The Hershey Company
- The Hershey Company on LinkedIn
- The Hershey Company on Instagram
- The Hershey Company on Facebook
- The Hershey Company on Twitter
- The Hershey Company on YouTube
- Santhi Ramesh on LinkedIn
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Introducing… Startups in Stilettos Podcast
Have you recently started a business? Are you considering taking the leap to start? Do you find yourself alone and overwhelmed in the whirlwind of early challenges in your entreprenista journey?
Then our newest podcast – brought to you by the Entreprenista Network – is for you.
The Startups in Stilettos Podcast helps you learn what it takes to grow your startup from your peers in the startup world and those who are in your shoes… or your stilettos, if you will. Each week, you’ll hear from startup founders from the Entreprenista League who are in the trenches and building their businesses from the ground up.
Learn more about the Startups in Stilettos Podcast by visiting www.entreprenista.com/startupsinstilettos/ and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts..
Startups in Stilettos launches on March 8, 2022 – on International Women’s Day. We can’t wait to share everything we have in store with you.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.