How Tammy Napoli Founded a Successful Medspa During the Pandemic
Although known for her infectious personality and boundless beauty tips, Tammy is no stranger to adversity. As she walked away from working under a plastic surgeon to create her medspa, it seemed as though one shocking turn of events after the other would surely stand in the way of reaching her dreams. Through this journey, Tammy would discover and embody exactly what it means to be an Entreprenista.
In this episode, we sit down with Tammy Napoli, founder of The Elevated Aesthetican and owner of SkinHealth Studios in Palm Beach, Florida. She shares how she created revenue when she couldn’t treat people in person, how a shocking situation impacted her business, what her process of starting a low-cost but high-impact skincare company entailed, and much more.
“You know, all the things that you need to know and whatever business that you’re in, that will set you apart over anything. Being personable will set you apart.”
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Tammy explains the moment she knew she was ready to start her business (2:08)
- Tammy shares the details of how she handled a shocking turn of events (3:45)
- Tammy discusses the mindset and the books that helped her stay motivated (8:28)
- Tammy talks business tools that she found the most helpful and user-friendly (10:45)
- Tammy discusses Canva and social media use for marketing strategies (14:20)
- Tammy shares the beauty and benefits of having a VA (20:50)
- Tammy talks the phased approach to building her business (23:57)
- Tammy explains her process for figuring out how to manufacture products (28:00)
- Tammy shares the craziest thing that’s happened to her on this journey (29:39)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Tammy (35:24)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Stay focused, just put your head down. Stay grinding, but it’s definitely a daily process.” – Tammy Napoli
- “I just kind of let go and like, this is me, I have to be raw and real.” – Tammy Napoli
- “I am me. Come into that mindset. Be yourself. People are gonna love you. Be kind. Show that on camera, it makes it easier.” – Tammy Napoli
- “This is what I think when I’m going through something crazy. I think about when we’re driving in a car, and we’re there if all of a sudden rainstorm comes right? If you pull over, you stay stuck in that storm, right? So tell myself, don’t pull over, keep going, just keep moving. “ – Tammy Napoli
This episode was made possible by our friends at Square, who are passionate about empowering women to Just Get Started with their business idea. Square is offering Entreprenista listeners 20% off your first POS hardware device. Click here for more.
Connect with Tammy Napoli:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.