Go From Camera Shy to Camera Ready with Media Trainer Jessica Abo
Media plays a huge role in most people’s lives on a daily basis. It can influence our thoughts, ideas, purchases, and so much more. For some, where media is an integral part of their business and it’s vital for them to be able to present themselves in the best way possible, hiring a media trainer is essential.
This episode’s guest, Jessica Abo, is a media trainer and storytelling coach. Jessica leverages 20 years spent in the field of journalism to provide valuable insight to a range of clients. Her services include one-on-one training and workshops where she breaks down the dos and donts of public relations. On this episode of Entreprenista, Jessica walks me through her earliest aspirations growing up and how she went about realizing them, her transition from the newsroom to media training, and the experience of starting her own business.
“So I think my Achilles heel is analysis paralysis. I think I am someone who launches very late because I want everything to be right and everything to be perfect. And I’ve learned that that in some ways is a strength of my business and in other ways is a weakness.” – Jessica Abo
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Jessica’s career path from her early school days (6:04)
- How Jessica secured her first job after graduating (8:31)
- How Jessica transitioned from the newsroom into media training (15:16)
- What Jessica struggled with the most when first starting her own business (19:45)
- The different services Jessica offers (20:56)
- Jessica’s top-tips when it comes to media training (25:00)
- Jessica’s advice for potential future entreprenistas (33:57)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “So if you go in with a little bit more fluidity, and you have buzzwords and nuggets that you know you want to hit in that interview, the interview will feel a lot more comfortable.” – Jessica Abo
- “When you’re asked to do an on-air opportunity, or give a speech, or be the recipient of an award, you are then able to put your work in the spotlight and help someone else.” – Jessica Abo
- “Don’t be hard on yourself if you just feel like you haven’t built your dream team yet and do as much as you possibly can. And know that things are flexible and changeable.” – Jessica Abo
Connect with Jessica Abo:
- Jessica Abo’s website
- Jessica Abo’s Instagram
- Jessica Abo’s Twitter
- Jessica Abo’s LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo’s book – Unfiltered: How to Be as Happy as You Look
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment