Fundraising and the Founders Network with Madeline Fraser of Gemist
Madeline Fraser is the CEO and Founder of Gemist, the first mobile app to allow users to design jewelry and try it on at home before purchasing it. Having grown problem-solving tech startups in the past, Madeline founded Gemist to turn the custom jewelry process into something personal and modern for consumers. Before creating Gemist, Madeline served as the CMO and Co-founder of the tech companies, ZOOM Interiors and Hutch. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Interior Design, and Architecture at George Washington University in 2014.
Madeline joins us today to share her advice on weathering the fundraising process. She discusses the lessons she learned from co-founding her previous two companies and describes what it was like to pitch in Shark Tank. She explains how the founder of Tinder became her mentor and why failures turn us into stronger business owners. She also outlines how venture capitalists invest during the pandemic and underscores the importance of building a network with other founders.
“Fundraising is networking and tapping into the founder network.” – Madeline Fraser
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Madeline’s background as an Entreprenista and how she turned her passion for design into a business
- Her experience collaborating with the CEO of Tinder
- What it means to found a company and Gemist’s backstory
- How mistakes and failure help us become stronger people and business owners
- Figuring out your brand’s point of difference and making a splash in the market
- Turning an idea into a brand and the steps Madeline took toward launching Gemist
- Madeline’s tips for navigating the fundraising process
- The value of creating a network with other founders
- Madeline’s strategies for starting the fundraising process and keeping track of her network
- The challenges of fundraising during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How venture capitalists have shifted their investing mindset during the pandemic
- Being your own cheerleader and the role of self-care in the fundraising process
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Fail fast, fix fast, and learn fast.” – Madeline Fraser
- “Understanding consumer behavior and making things easier is everything for the digital consumer in a tech world.” – Madeline Fraser
- “Sometimes, the best thing you can walk away with is a new connection and a new introduction, so keep talking to 10 people a day when you’re in the thick of fundraising.” – Madeline Fraser
Connect with Madeline Fraser:
- Gemist on LinkedIn
- Gemist on Instagram
- Gemist on Facebook
- Madeline Fraser on LinkedIn
- Madeline Fraser on Instagram
Help More Female Entrepreneurs & Leaders Through the IFundWomen Campaign
We are thrilled to announce that our iFundWomen campaign is now live! We have supported so many women through Entreprenista, and we’re excited to share this opportunity with you to support our campaign and continue to help women business owners and leaders.
Our funding goal is $100,000 – which means that every dollar counts. The best part? We’ve created incredible rewards that will help you as part of our campaign!
When you pledge to the iFundWomen Campaign, you’ll receive:
- An exclusive Entreprenista League Membership rate
- Dedicated Instagram and website features to promote you and your business
- Interviews on the Entreprenista podcast and our new podcast that’s launching in 2022 – Startups In Stilettos
- One-on-one sessions with Stephanie or Courtney
- …and so much more
Visit iFundWomen.com/Projects/Entreprenista to contribute any amount you feel comfortable with.
Seriously. Every dollar, every share, and every mention on social media to your network counts and is beyond appreciated. Thank you for supporting us and women everywhere.
Today’s episode is brought to you by: ANISA Beauty Brushes
ANISA Beauty understands that what touches your skin matters. ANISA designs each brush through cruelty-free, vegan and sustainably responsible practices to elevate your skincare and makeup routines from hands-on to hands-free. The innovative design of these skin care and makeup brushes offer versatile application and fiber flexibility to achieve a great look – each and every time.
Head over to ANISABeauty.com and use the code Entreprenista50 at checkout to unlock the power of self-expression today.
Entreprenista has also teamed up with ANISA Beauty for an exciting giveaway! Enter to win the entire ANISA beauty collection and an Entreprenista League one-year membership! Visit Entreprenista.com/ANISABeauty to enter by December 15.
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment