Every Entreprenista Needs a Community with Tiffany Dufu of The Cru
Tiffany Dufu is the Founder and CEO of The Cru, an organization of women helping each other thrive. Listed among Entrepreneur’s 100 Powerful Women and Fast Company’s League of Extraordinary Women, Tiffany is fiercely committed to empowering women and girls. In addition to raising roughly $20 million for the advancement of women, she has helped found a girls’ middle school, headed a national womens’ leadership organization, and served as the Chief Leadership Officer at Levo, a social good tech startup that elevates women in the workforce. At The Cru, Tiffany helps a diverse group of mid-level and senior professionals find their inspiration, accountability partners, and community.
Tiffany joins us today to discuss how The Cru is empowering Entreprenistas by helping them find their support network. She explains how she and her team are harnessing the ingenuity and creativity of women and girls for the benefit of everyone. She divulges why she’s obsessed with understanding what matters most to women. Tiffany also highlights how the power of positive affirmation can fuel your life’s work and shares the lessons she learned from positioning herself as a thought leader.
“Your Entreprenista journey is never a solo journey; it’s a team sport.” – Tiffany Dufu
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Tiffany’s background and her journey to founding The Cru
- How to turn an idea and mission into a business
- How Tiffany’s personal experiences shaped her life’s purpose to empower women and children
- The power of positive affirmations and naming the voices in our heads
- Identifying the profile of someone who can guide you through the fundraising process
- How Tiffany is building her team at The Cru
- Best practices for remotely managing a team
- How Tiffany conducts Zoom interviews and the questions she asks job applicants
- The biggest challenges Tiffany met in launching The Cru
- The lessons she learned from going through the fundraising process
- The role of storytelling in the fundraising process
- How to evaluate a support group’s efficacy
- Black Women Talk Tech
- Podcast: The Pitch
- Book: Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “If you want something you’ve never had before, you’ll have to do something you’ve never done before.” – Tiffany Dufu
- “It’s the consistency of your message, the source of your message, and your commitment to your message that allow people to recognize your authenticity.” – Tiffany Dufu
- “Start with what matters to you. The source of your purpose and power is what will allow you to withstand all the challenges that come with entrepreneurship.” – Tiffany Dufu
Connect with Tiffany Dufu:
- Tiffany Dufu Website
- The Cru
- The Cru on LinkedIn
- The Cru on Instagram
- The Cru on Facebook
- The Cru on Twitter
- Tiffany Dufu on LinkedIn
- Tiffany Dufu on Instagram
- Tiffany Dufu on Facebook
- Tiffany Dufu on Twitter
Help More Female Entrepreneurs & Leaders Through the IFundWomen Campaign
We are thrilled to announce that our iFundWomen campaign is now live! We have supported so many women through Entreprenista, and we’re excited to share this opportunity with you to support our campaign and continue to help women business owners and leaders.
Our funding goal is $100,000 – which means that every dollar counts. The best part? We’ve created incredible rewards that will help you as part of our campaign!
When you pledge to the iFundWomen Campaign, you’ll receive:
- An exclusive Entreprenista League Membership rate
- Dedicated Instagram and website features to promote you and your business
- Interviews on the Entreprenista podcast and our new podcast that’s launching in 2022 – Startups In Stilettos
- One-on-one sessions with Stephanie or Courtney
- …and so much more
Visit iFundWomen.com/Projects/Entreprenista to contribute any amount you feel comfortable with.
Seriously. Every dollar, every share, and every mention on social media to your network counts and is beyond appreciated. Thank you for supporting us and women everywhere.
Today’s episode is brought to you by: ANISA Beauty Brushes
ANISA Beauty understands that what touches your skin matters. ANISA designs each brush through cruelty-free, vegan and sustainably responsible practices to elevate your skincare and makeup routines from hands-on to hands-free. The innovative design of these skin care and makeup brushes offer versatile application and fiber flexibility to achieve a great look – each and every time.
Head over to ANISABeauty.com and use the code Entreprenista50 at checkout to unlock the power of self-expression today.
Entreprenista has also teamed up with ANISA Beauty for an exciting giveaway! Enter to win the entire ANISA beauty collection and an Entreprenista League one-year membership! Visit Entreprenista.com/ANISABeauty to enter by December 15.
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment