Cultivating Your Relationship with Money, Business, People, and Yourself with Jacquette M. Timmons
Jacquette M. Timmons is the President and CEO of Sterling Investment Management, Inc., and the author of Financial Intimacy: How to Create a Healthy Relationship with Your Money and Your Mate. As a financial behaviorist, Jacquette is passionate about the “human” side of money and helping people manage their choices around their finances. To fulfill her mission of educating entrepreneurs about money, Jacquette created The Comfort Circle—a dinner series where she hosts discussions about money, business, and life—and Pricing Made Human, a pricing approach for entrepreneurs and small business owners. She also created and hosts More Than Money, a podcast where she explores the psychology, emotions, and math of money.
Jacquette joins me today to discuss the value of cultivating your relationship with money, business, people, and yourself. She explains the primary reasons she wanted to start her own business and why she decided to focus her work on financial behavior and education. She also highlights the importance of considering the health of your personal finances when making business decisions and shares her advice for Entreprenistas who want to transform their side hustles into a full-time business.
“Whether we’re talking about business, money, or the relationships in our lives, it all starts with the relationships we have with ourselves.” – Jacquette M. Timmons
This week on SocialFly’s Entreprenista Podcast:
- Jacquette’s beginnings in financial services and what inspired her to become a financial behaviorist
- The number one money myth Jacquette wants to dispel
- Why she decided to pivot from financial management to her current business model
- Jacquette’s reaction to COVID-19 measures in 2020 and how she continues to adapt her business
- How having multiple streams of income can help business owners manage uncertainty
- The power of cultivating relationships beyond numbers and transactions
- Her writing process for her book, Financial Intimacy
- How our upbringing can impact our attitude and mindset toward money and selling
- How schools and universities can educate young people about personal finance
- What Entreprenistas can do to make better choices with their money
- Jacquette’s advice on pricing and turning a side hustle into a full-time business
- Why Entreprenistas need to be aware of their businesses’ numbers and finances
- The role of networking and building meaningful relationships in creating business opportunities
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “When you’re making business decisions, weigh how they’re going to impact the health of your personal finances.” – Jacquette M. Timmons
- “Cultivate your relationships—you never know who knows who and how those dots can lead to opportunities.” – Jacquette M. Timmons
- “If one of the reasons you opted for entrepreneurship is to do things your way, be yourself. Ensure that in the process of being you, you’re delivering your best work possible.” – Jacquette M. Timmons
Connect with Jacquette M. Timmons:
- Jacquette M. Timmons
- Book: Financial Intimacy: How to Create a Healthy Relationship with Your Money and Your Mate
- More Than Money Podcast
- Jacquette M. Timmons on LinkedIn
- Jacquette M. Timmons on Instagram
- Jacquette M. Timmons on Facebook
- Jacquette M. Timmons on Twitter
Join the Entreprenista League!
Hey Entreprenistas! We’re launching the Entreprenista League, our very own members platform and community just for you!
We listened to your feedback and the support you’re looking for to start and build your business, and we’re here to provide you with all of the resources you’ll need!
As part of the Entreprenista League, you’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day. You’ll find special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, and the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista league today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Free Virtual Event Series with Shopify
Do you have an e-commerce business or are you thinking about launching one? We are excited to announce that we’re launching a free virtual event series with Shopify to give small business owners the tools and motivation they need to get their e-commerce store up and running.
By joining us at Entreprenista on Shopify, you will learn…
- How to launch your Shopify store
- The best tips for SEO
- Digital marketing strategies to grow your customer base
- Hear real case studies from successful entrepreneurs using Shopify
- And much, much more…
The virtual events will be hosted by experts that range from marketing, sourcing, merchandising, shipping, and procurement to help you connect all of the dots to start a successful online business,
Shopify is also giving entreprenistas a 30-day free trial to launch your online store. When you attend the events, you’ll also be entered to win a free website store build valued at over $2,500!
Head over to www.entreprenista.com/shopify to get your free trial and join the Entreprenista on Shopify community.
Say “Hello!” To DigiCards™
Are you ready to take your virtual team meetings to the next level? Are you tired of yelling “You’re on mute!” at your computer screen and letting the important points you were trying to make get lost?
If you’re tired of leading unproductive, distraction-filled team meetings, then it’s time for you to say “Hello!” to DigiCards. Each pack of virtual meeting cards include 20 color-coded professional cards designed to streamline your meeting communications while allowing each meeting to create an opportunity for collaboration and fun.
Say “Goodbye!” to waving your arms, being ignored, and frantically typing in the chat.
Start your next virtual meeting with DigiCards – the virtual meeting cards for entreprenistas.
To grab your deck of DigiCards and bring fun, engagement, and collaboration back into your team meetings, visit www.hellodigicards.com. Use the coupon code: Entreprenista10 to receive 10% off your first order.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment