Creating Space for All with Maggie Segrich of Sesh Coworking
When Maggie Segrich moved from New York to Houston, she learned that Houstonians would not feel comfortable going to a jewelry shop in a home unlike New Yorkers do. So she needed a space to set up shop. After meeting her business partner, Meredith, Sesh Coworking was created.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Maggie Segrich, co-founder of Sesh Coworking, Houston’s first female centered workspace that is a safe and inclusive community. She shares with us the lessons she’s learned, how Covid affected the then brand-new Sesh, what you should know before going into business with a partner, and so much more.
“We are strong allies for the LGBTQ+ community as well as the BIPOC community. And we have everything from co-working to there’s a pop up shop that’s like, right across the hall from me, and it’s where my sweatshirt came from. We have art galleries, there’s doctors here, like it’s an amazing community. And it truly represents the diversity that is Houston.” – Maggie Segrich
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Maggie shares her background and what led her to start her own business (4:31)
- Maggie shares what Sesh is and what lessons she has learned (10:39)
- Maggie shares how Sesh started (14:38)
- Maggie talks about how Covid affected the brand-new Sesh (22:44)
- Learning lessons Entreprenistas should know before going into business with a partner (31:54)
- Rapid fire questions (36:33)
- How Maggie balances business and motherhood (41:45)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Maggie (44:28)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “The other thing I learned during that time was I took Facebook off my phone. I did it in New York, because I was being trolled pretty hard from some locals who didn’t like what I was doing with the chamber. And I realized having Facebook on my phone was just, I was giving them a free pass to access my time with every single notification that would pop up.” – Maggie Segrich
- “I think my perspective and outlook on life is the world is just a bunch of open doors. And it’s whether or not I walk through them and have that experience. And so for me, I’m always going to poke my head in the open door just to see what’s on the other side. Because like, I might like it.” – Maggie Segrich
- “I know that if I ask for help, someone will say yes. And I think that’s a very empowering thing that we constantly need to remind everyone of.” – Maggie Segrich
Connect with Maggie Segrich:
- Sesh Address: 2808 Caroline St, Unit 201, Houston, TX 77004
- Sesh on Instagram
- Sesh on Facebook
- Sesh on Twitter
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.