Building a Data-Driven Brand with Rachel Sanders of Rootine
Rachel Sanders is the CEO and Co-founder of Rootine, a health and wellness organization dedicated to optimizing health and human performance through precision nutrition. Rachel started her career in investment banking and finance before embarking on her journey as an Entreprenista: she worked as an Associate and Analyst at Raymond James Financial Inc. and served as a strategic and financial advisor for GolfMatch Inc. In addition to her current role as Rootine’s CEO, Rachel is a venture partner at the venture capital firm, 2048 Ventures. She completed her Bachelor’s degree in Economics at Vanderbilt University—where she graduated with honors—and received her Master’s of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School.
Rachel joins us today to discuss how Rootine’s brand was built through data. She shares how taking an MBA before starting her company benefited her and describes the impact of a strong team on running a business. She discusses what it takes to implement remote and asynchronous work in a company successfully. Rachel also highlights the value of cultivating a community around your brand and explains why it’s important to include healthcare in the wake of Web 3.0.
“People, as they are improving their health, need more than just products, more than just experts, and more than just wellness experiences–they need access to all of it.” – Rachel Sanders
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Rachel’s background and how she decided it was the right time to get an MBA
- Her advice on whether an Entreprenista should get an MBA before starting a business
- The spark that started Rootine and how Rachel met her co-founder
- The value of building an all-star team and how Rachel figured out how to build a health technology business
- Rootine’s fundraising process and the power of diversity in business
- Rachel’s advice for fundraising and navigating remote work
- Hiring for remote and asynchronous work culture
- Interview questions that ensure a job candidate is a great culture fit
- How long it takes for Rootine to interview a job candidate
- Cultivating a culture of speaking up
- How Rootine created its brand through customer profiles, information, and data
- Working with freelancers and Rootine’s budget range for working with a branding agency
- Launching, marketing, and the importance of creating a community
- Web 3.0 and making health an essential conversation in NFTs
- Creating a collaborative product
- What NFTs are and how to get involved with Rachel’s NFT platform
- Rethinking health in Web 3.0
- Book: The Tell-Tale Brain: A Neuroscientist’s Quest for What Makes Us Human by V.S. Ramachandran
- App: Notion
- App: Circle
- App: Loom
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Regardless of where people are spending their time, they will want to ensure they’re being their best selves. Health is going to matter, and it should be an essential conversation in Web 3.0.” – Rachel Sanders
- “Think about the problem you’re solving for people and a way to build a community around it.” – Rachel Sanders
- “More diverse people around the table helps create better ideas and innovation.” – Rachel Sanders
Connect with Rachel Sanders:
- Apex Optimizers
- Rootine on LinkedIn
- Rootine on Instagram
- Rootine on Twitter
- Rachel Sanders on LinkedIn
- Rachel Sanders on Instagram
- Rachel Sanders on Twitter
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Zoho – The CRM That Does It All
When we started growing Entreprenista, we realized that we needed to keep our contacts and our pipeline organized. And that’s when we discovered Zoho. Zoho CRM helps with sales pipeline management, email organization, analytics, and automated workflows on mobile and on desktop.
It’s super easy to use and setting up our account was simple. As our business has been growing, we’ve been able to customize and add on features with the Zoho CRM platform to remain as efficient as possible. Using Zoho CRM has really fast-tracked our growth and set us up for success in the future. And it was a quick learning experience as well.
We all want to grow as fast as possible in our business, and Zoho CRM really gives you the boost you need to do so.
Zoho CRM is our choice for the best customer relationship management software to fuel and help you sustain your growth. And as always, we have an exclusive offer for our listeners! You can get a free trial plus 50% off Zoho CRM today!
Head over to www.partners.entreprenista.com/ZohoCRM or use code Zoho50 to claim your free trial plus 50% off the Zoho CRM platform today!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.