Ask One Extra Question with Nicole Cogan of No Bread
After going down the path that she figured was best for her, Type-A Nicole decided to quit her career to see where her blog would take her. She became one of the leading industry experts in the gluten-free field and helped shape how restaurants facilitated gluten-free options.
Today, we sit down with Nicole Cogan, founder of No Bread, a popular gluten-free blog, and an angel investor. She shares with us why she quit her job with no back-up plan, her biggest challenges, her advice for investing, and so much more.
“So I like, had my food list of what I could eat at each restaurant, did I get sick, how I felt, all this stuff. And that was the basis of No Bread, which became my career and my passion was this Excel sheet that made its way around the office and turned into what it is today.” – Nicole Cogan
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Nicole shares her career journey (3:37)
- Nicole talks about the days that followed once she quit her job (10:17)
- Nicole explains how she monetized No Bread (13:47)
- Nicole shares her biggest challenges (19:20)
- Nicole gives advice for people who want to become influencers now (24:06)
- How Nicole got into investing (27:33)
- Nicole explains the basics of investing (37:10)
- Rapid fire questions (41:40)
- The advice Nicole learned from her dad [this is good] (43:59)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Nicole (45:53)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Take the most Type A person you know, amplify it and you have me.” – Nicole Cogan
- “If I commit to something I commit with 100% and if I can’t, I’m the first person to tell you ‘I’m not going to do this with you, love you, can’t do it. I don’t have the time.’ So the calendar is my child.” – Nicole Cogan
- “My biggest advice, especially to women, is make your money work for you.” – Nicole Cogan
Connect with Nicole Cogan:
- No Bread on Instagram
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment