From Bank VP to Podcast Manager with Jess Milanes of Smart Podcast Solutions
After struggling with infertility for three years, all Jess Milanes wanted was to create a space to discuss openly and honestly about women’s health issues, so she started a podcast. Little did she know that that would lead to her discovering a newfound love for the podcasting medium. Then she decided to help others with starting their podcasts.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Jess Milanes, founder of Smart Podcast Solutions, a podcast launch and management company. She shares how she knew it was time to leave corporate, what private podcasts are, the new management system she’s using, and so much more.
“I just loved the podcasting medium. I love talking to people. And I have a background in systems and I’m just really technologically inclined. And so I thought what better way to marry my love of podcasting, my love of systems and my love of people, and bring it all together and support women in starting their own podcast.” – Jess Milanes
Hello, Entreprenistas! Many of you may remember Carlyn Bushman’s episode a few months back, well, now she joins us as a co-host! Please give her the warmest of welcomes.
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Jess tells us about Smart Podcast Solutions (2:50)
- Jess shares how she knew it was the right time to leave corporate (6:36)
- Jess discusses what she is most proud of (11:01)
- Jess gives us the scoop on what private podcasts are (12:33)
- Jess shares the new management system she’s building out (17:30)
- Jessica and Carlyn discuss the questions they’ve recently been asked (20:23)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Up until the day that I was leaving, I still didn’t know that I was making the right choice. And it was really interesting. The Universe kind of told me that I was because two days after my last day at the bank, they were acquired, and I would have been laid off anyway.” – Jess Milanes
- “So there’s this really great idea of using these private podcasts as a way to understand who are your superfans, and who’s really warmed up to buy from you, and whatever you are putting out into the world.” – Jess Milanes
- “I really felt that there needed to be a platform for women to openly discuss their women’s health issues. And it was all around providing representation and support.” – Jess Milanes
Connect with Jess Milanes:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts|TuneIn|GooglePlay|Stitcher|Spotify|iHeart Radio
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment