The Power of Relationship Marketing with Digital Strategist Afton Negrea
Afton moved to Italy with her husband and realized how difficult it was to find a job when she didn’t know the language. So she decided to start freelancing to make money. After a few years, she realized her specialty was with design and strategy, so she decided to open her own business.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Afton Negrea, digital strategist and designer. She shares when she knew it was time to start her business, what she is most proud of, how to launch a course, and so much more.
“I like to think of myself as the Swiss Army knife for your business. It’s really I’m looking at it from all different angles. But first and foremost, I’m a digital strategist. So I really like to have a strategic idea in mind for your business and where you are, where you’re going and how you’re going to get there.” – Afton Negrea
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Afton shares how she combined designing and strategy into one (4:12)
- Afton discusses what she had to learn in business (5:35)
- Afton talks about when she knew she was going to step out on her own (9:17)
- Afton shares what she is proud of (15:54)
- Afton discusses how to launch a course or services (17:30)
- Carlyn, Jessica, and Afton talk about pricing your services (22:27)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I think I’ve always known that I meant to do my own thing. And I’ve always been that person who’s gone the extra mile in any job that I’ve done.” – Afton Negrea
- “What I’ve tried to encourage my clients to do is take it back to the olden days, let’s like, take it back to the 90s, for example, when it was the bomb.com.” – Afton Negrea
- “I know this is cliche, but I am very proud of my clients when I see them when I really, really am. Because I feel like I’m birthing a baby with them and the baby is growing, you know, and I really love to see it come to life.” – Afton Negrea
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Connect with Afton Negrea:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.