The Business Behind Your Future Dream Closet with Ambika Singh of Armoire
Growing up in an Entreprenista family, Ambika always had exuberant ideas for what she wanted to do for work. It wasn’t until she decided to quit corporate America to go to business school that she was able to combine her passion for helping women with her need to start her own company.
Today, we sit down with Ambika Singh, founder of Armoire, a subscription based clothing rental company. She shares all about her career path, her anti-advice on fundraising, the challenges she’s faced growing a company like hers, and so much more.
“I grew up sharing clothes and thought it was lovely and fun. And so rental to me is like that expression helped by the Internet.” – Ambika Singh
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
We’ve collaborated with Armoire to provide a unique offer for all of our Entreprenistas. By using the code ENTREPRENISTA and following this link, you can receive up to 50% off your first month’s subscription, along with 2 additional bonus items!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Ambika shares her childhood ambitions (2:54)
- Ambika talks about her career path and how it led to starting her business (6:18)
- Ambika gives advice for fundraising (22:05)
- Ambika explains how she handled difficult feedback from a potential male investor (27:48)
- Ambika tells us about the challenges she’s faced and how she overcame them (31:34)
- Ambika shares about her biggest surprise (34:46)
- Rapid fire questions (39:25)
- How Covid affected Ambika (40:59)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Ambika (48:15)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “The sting is always so much less painful than what I anticipate it’s going to feel like, like the fear of failure and the actual failure are so different.” – Ambika Singh
- “One really pointed thing I remember was a man that I worked for who was a great mentor, sponsor of mine had a good set of data that some of you may have heard that women tend to over-educate, over-credential. And so we had this like, sit down with me and he was like, ‘you want to do this? Like, you don’t need any of that like school stuff and whatever. Like I’ll give you a sabbatical. Like you go figure this out. Like you’re ready to do it. You don’t need somebody’s, like, stamp of approval.’” – Ambika Singh
- “But I do take a lot of, kind of, like, comfort in the fact that I, most of the time show up and do my best. And so when I don’t do my best, that is really a painful and hard loop to talk myself out of. So most of the time, I do my best.” – Ambika Singh
Connect with Ambika Singh:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment