Why Publishing A Book Can Help Scale Your Business with Cheli Grace
Cheli Grace was working as a principal at one of the largest school systems in the nation when she realized she had more knowledge and helpful wisdom than she knew what to do with at the time. Cheli’s solution was to self-publish a book, which ultimately led to her discovering an opportunity to meet a pressing need within the publishing market that anyone with a business could benefit from.
In today’s episode, Carlyn sits down with Cheli Grace, founder of the Books to Millions™ Program and co-owner of Delian Origin Publishers. Her company was created to assist in streamlining the process of executive book coaching, self-publishing, and an innovative business strategy. She shares with us today her journey, insights on how the publishing landscape is shifting, what anyone looking to self-publish should know, how she discovered the formula to a successful book that expands your brand, and much more!
“It’s important to monetize your book, it’s important to use it within your business, to align it with your brand so that you can scale new heights.” – Cheli Grace.
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Cheli shares the why behind how she founded Delian Origin Publishers (2:15)
- Cheli discusses her journey from principal to publisher came about (4:08)
- Cheli shares what surprised her when she got into the business world (6:11)
- Cheli’s tips for getting started on writing a book (8:30)
- Cheli discusses her biggest win to date (9:47)
- Cheli shares her favorite business tools (13:02)
- Carlyn does a visualization exercise with Cheli (14:44)
- Cheli shares her insight on e-books versus hard copies (16:59)
- Cheli explains self-publishing versus non-self publishing (19:21)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “When you write a book, a book comes with a business.” – Cheli Grace
- “When we’re not in a community, when we don’t have the accountability, and when we don’t have a roadmap to follow, it could be a little bit more challenging than when we do.” – Cheli Grace
- “67% of the top-rated public self-published books are written by women. Isn’t that a great statistic? “ – Cheli Grace
- “You have to just weigh your why, like, I always say, What’s your why, and what do you want to what do you want to do?” – Cheli Grace
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
- Carlyn Bushman on Instagram
- Carlyn Bushman on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Carlyn Bushman here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.