When Being an Entreprenista is in Your DNA with Carrie Shaw of Copper
Carrie’s career path is quite the story: she started in product management and stayed in that for over a decade before switching to marketing and falling in love. After she had been with Copper for a couple years as CMO, she was offered the CEO position and almost turned it down, but she didn’t. Now she’s living and loving what she’s doing.
Today, we sit down with Carrie Shaw, CEO of Copper, an all-in-one CRM tool that we use religiously at Entreprenista. She shares how her background led her to Copper, how she built and facilitates her remote team, how it felt to become CEO, and so much more.
“I got a call from a recruiter and I hopped on the phone with her and she tells me about this opportunity. ‘Oh, it’s a great company. It’s based in San Francisco, this, that, and the other thing.’ She said ‘it’s in the CRM space.’ ‘Oh, great. Who is it?’ She said ‘I’m sure you’ve never heard of it. It’s Copper.’ I said, ‘Not only have I heard of it, I love it. It’s just amazing. It’s such a great app.’ And so I thought to myself, ‘Wow, this is a product I could really get behind.’” – Carrie Shaw
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Carrie shares how her background led her to Copper (0:28)
- Carries tells us what she’s learned in the past 10 years (7:54)
- Carrie explains what a CRM is (12:38)
- Carrie explains how she started working at Copper (15:27)
- Carrie shares how she built her team remotely (19:50)
- Carrie talks about the things that don’t work for remote teams (26:47)
- Carrie shares what it was like going from CMO to CEO (30:02)
- Rapid fire questions (37:13)
- Carrie discusses how Copper stands out (39:56)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Carrie (42:44)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “So CRM stands for customer relationship management, it is the heartbeat. It’s literally the heartbeat of any business that wants visibility, insight into the prospects and customers who are going to help them grow.” – Carrie Shaw
- “And I submitted my resignation on March 1st of 2020. Oh my gosh, a week later, we went to Mexico for a vacation. And while we were there the whole world shutdown.” – Carrie Shaw
- “Being an Entreprenista is just it, it is in my DNA. I love to move fast. I’d rather make mistakes and correct them by iterating quickly.” – Carrie Shaw
Connect with Carrie:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment