The Recipe For a Successful Business Launch with Tiffany Lewis
According to Tiffany, every day is a good day for a cookie. Especially during a Pandemic when she, like so many others across the country, would lose her corporate marketing job and be forced to regroup. Tiffany took this newfound freedom as an opportunity to focus full-time on chasing her dream of perfecting her skills and using them to make the ultimate cookie for bringing people together. Tiffany moved to LA, graduated from culinary school, interned with celebrity chef Curtis Stone while freelancing with other prominent chefs, and finally took the leap to get started on her own business. Through this, she discovered a key secret ingredient to successfully launching a business by centering community and honoring each cookie’s nostalgic essence.
Today, we sit down with Tiffany Lewis, founder of Cookies with Tiffany, a Seattle-based cookie company with a mission to bring people together through food. She shares with us her most insightful tips for starting and launching a business, how she took her online business to a storefront and local farmer’s markets, and the ways to create your own recipe for success through marketing. Tiffany also discusses her community’s integral role in supporting her business and much more!
“If you lead with that purpose and that genuineness, then the rest will just naturally fall into place.” – Tiffany Lewis
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Tiffany discusses the essential questions when getting started on a business idea (0:50)
- Tiffany shares the first steps she took toward creating her business (2:05)
- Tiffany shares the winning idea for her business and its evolution (3:58)
- Tiffany explains why less is more when launching your business (8:09)
- Tiffany shares what business tools she finds the most helpful (12:28)
- Why Tiffany prefers collaboration and community over competition (17:30)
- Tiffany discusses her experience working with local farmer’s markets (19:58)
- Tiffany shares her marketing strategy and how it has changed over time (25:20)
- Tiffany explains the craziest things that have happened along her journey (32:49)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Tiffany (37:22)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “It’s really just putting that pen on paper. That’s where you got to begin. It’s all in your head, but write it down and say it out loud.“ – Tiffany Lewis
- “That’s really how you kind of continue to fine-tune your business is just to try everything, allow it time to really see where it goes. But then pivot along the way and be willing to say that doesn’t serve me, that’s not for me, I’m going to really focus my energy on this. “ – Tiffany Lewis
- “There are some really great data out there that you can get for free simply by opening your eyes and listening to everything that’s happening around you. “ – Tiffany Lewis
- “You’re a leader, you’re a maker, you’re a communicator, and you’re part of another community. A bigger community of other entrepreneurs” – Tiffany Lewis
This episode was made possible by our friends at Square, who are passionate about empowering women to Just Get Started with their business idea. Square is offering Entreprenista listeners 20% off your first POS hardware device. Click here for more.
Connect with Tiffany:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.