The New PR: Growing and Scaling a Community-Based Business with Jamie Hess of NYCFitFam
Jamie Hess is a public relations expert, influencer, and fitness and wellness mentor who encourages women to seek help and accountability in the areas they need it most. Alongside her husband, Jamie created NYCFitFam, a platform where she shares her health and fitness knowledge with women worldwide. Being a public relations veteran with over 20 years of experience in the industry, Jamie worked as the Senior Vice President of the Narrative Group before focusing on her mission to empower women.
Jamie joins us today to discuss why she believes in “the art of follow-up.” She explains how to show up for yourself and your brand’s community and shares why her North Star is being of service to women. She describes what is needed to transform your side hustle into your full-time hustle and discusses how she empowers women to ask for help and accountability. Jamie also underscores why it’s important for influencers to show more than just the good stuff on the gram and highlights the steps to consider when starting a community-based business.
“Making a leap from corporate to pursue a side hustle is scary, but—done with a plan and a passion—it can lead you to a life beyond your wildest dreams.” – Jamie Hess
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Jamie’s early days in public relations and how she learned “the art of follow-up”
- Starting NYCFitFam and making the leap of faith from the corporate world to pursuing a side-hustle
- Her strategies for moving from a 9-to-5 to starting your own business
- The value of a multi-channel business and why you shouldn’t put all your eggs in the influencer basket
- The first brands Jamie worked with when she became an influencer
- Jamie’s advice for reaching out and pitching to an influencer
- Her podcast, Off the Gram, and building a community during a pandemic
- Her tips for starting and growing a podcast
- The mission behind Jamie’s Big Ask program and the power of living life with support and accountability
- Why having a mission as the foundation of your business is crucial
- How Jamie finds new people to be members of her coaching program
- The value of having an executive coach
- Why she doesn’t look at foibles as mistakes and what it means to lead with happiness
- Jamie’s favorite workout routines and her advice for sticking to an exercise habit
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “It’s important to have a North Star and approach your business from a place of mission.” – Jamie Hess
- “You want to be an influencer who wants to show the good stuff, but also what’s real.” – Jamie Hess
- “Sitting in the fear of making a mistake is worse than walking through the fire.” – Jamie Hess
Connect with Jamie Hess:
- The Big Ask Method
- Off the Gram Podcast
- NYCFitFam on Instagram
- NYCFitFam on Twitter
- NYCFitFam on YouTube
- Off the Gram Instagram
- Jamie Hess on LinkedIn
Help More Female Entrepreneurs & Leaders Through the IFundWomen Campaign
We are thrilled to announce that our iFundWomen campaign is now live! We have supported so many women through Entreprenista, and we’re excited to share this opportunity with you to support our campaign and continue to help women business owners and leaders.
Our funding goal is $100,000 – which means that every dollar counts. The best part? We’ve created incredible rewards that will help you as part of our campaign!
When you pledge to the iFundWomen Campaign, you’ll receive:
- An exclusive Entreprenista League Membership rate
- Dedicated Instagram and website features to promote you and your business
- Interviews on the Entreprenista podcast and our new podcast that’s launching in 2022 – Startups In Stilettos
- One-on-one sessions with Stephanie or Courtney
- …and so much more
Visit iFundWomen.com/Projects/Entreprenista to contribute any amount you feel comfortable with.
Seriously. Every dollar, every share, and every mention on social media to your network counts and is beyond appreciated. Thank you for supporting us and women everywhere.
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Say “Hello!” To DigiCards™
Are you ready to take your virtual team meetings to the next level? Are you tired of yelling “You’re on mute!” at your computer screen and letting the important points you were trying to make get lost?
If you’re tired of leading unproductive, distraction-filled team meetings, then it’s time for you to say “Hello!” to DigiCards. Each pack of virtual meeting cards include 20 color-coded professional cards designed to streamline your meeting communications while allowing each meeting to create an opportunity for collaboration and fun.
Say “Goodbye!” to waving your arms, being ignored, and frantically typing in the chat.
Start your next virtual meeting with DigiCards – the virtual meeting cards for entreprenistas.
To grab your deck of DigiCards and bring fun, engagement, and collaboration back into your team meetings, visit www.hellodigicards.com. Use the coupon code: Entreprenista10 to receive 10% off your first order.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment