The Business of CBD Skincare with Jenna Owens of Fitish
Jenna joined radio because her long hair was more important to her than being a television news anchor would allow. Her hair was a part of her she wasn’t willing to part with. She had no idea that over a decade later she would become more known for her skincare products than her hair.
Today, we sit down with Jenna Owens, founder and CEO of Fitish, a CBD wellness and skincare brand. She shares where her inspiration for Fitish came from, why it’s important to hire quickly, the constraints she has faced owning a CBD company, and so much more.
“I just hope I can get it into the hands of more people so that it can be useful for them. Because that’s what feels like may ultimately be the success of this business, right? As people that need this product, right? And figuring that part out. So yeah, that’s what keeps me going now.” – Jenna Owens
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Jenna shares about her background in radio (2:04)
- Jenna discusses the inspiration for Fitish (7:12)
- Jenna tells us how she learned about product development (12:40)
- Jenna shares why it’s important to balance your emotions and hire quickly (20:03)
- Jenna talks about her biggest business surprise (27:38)
- Jenna discusses why she left her job in radio (33:55)
- Jenna tells us about the constraints of having a CBD business (37:02)
- Rapid fire questions (47:21)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Jenna (50:09)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “They all told me I had to cut all my hair off, and I just didn’t like it. You know, I didn’t like being told that––I’m a very stubborn woman.” – Jenna Owens
- “ I knew my audience, I knew the women that followed me and listened to me, they didn’t have a ton of disposable income. I knew that data from being on the radio show. So I knew who my follower was, I knew who the listener was. And I wanted to market to them, right? To the everyday woman––working woman––and they bought it.” – Jenna Owens
- “Oh my gosh, I was just destroyed by that in a great way. I just went ‘this is it. I mean, I’m onto something here, like, this is it, no matter how hard this is. This is it.’ And it just felt that it gave my little side hustles such a deeper sense of purpose.” – Jenna Owens
Connect with Jenna Owens:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment