The Art of Context Switching with Julia Xu, Founder of Four Companies
Julia Xu was always entrepreneurial, but she had no idea that she would one day run four businesses. However, each one started naturally after the previous one she started. Today, she runs a consulting business, a home office shop, an ecommerce shop, and an automated product sourcing platform.
In today’s episode, we talk with Julia Xu–founder of USourced, ReSourcery, Multitasky, and Julia Xu Consulting–to find out how she balances it all, the importance of the right friendships, how to decide if fundraising is right, and so much more.
“So I don’t feel like work is work, work is life in a way where I’m actually building something that I truly believe in, and I’m truly passionate about, and I wouldn’t be anywhere else, I would rather just be working on this.” – Julia Xu
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Julia shares about each of her companies (1:06)
- Julia talks about her corporate background and how it led to her starting four businesses (2:05)
- Julia shares how she manages her time (6:05)
- Julia, Jessica, and Stephanie talk about the importance of finding the right romantic partner as business owners (11:34)
- Julia talks about how to decide if fundraising is right for your business (14:59)
- Jessica and Stephanie share how they decided to start their businesses (20:15)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Now getting all those ‘dream jobs,’ I realized I actually lost an initial self who had more ambition and wanted to create my own thing.” – Julia Xu
- “By saying no, and by turning down things, you’re only opening up yourself to things that actually add value and positivity to your life.” – Julia Xu
Connect with Julia Xu:
- Julia Xu on LinkedIn
- Julia Xu on Instagram
- Multitasky on Instagram
- ReSourcery on Instagram
- Julia Xu Consulting on Instagram
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.
Leave a Comment