Tapping the Power of Your Network with Emily DiDonato and Christina Garcia of Covey
Emily DiDonato and Christina Garcia are the Co-founders of Covey, a direct-to-consumer skincare company that simplifies beauty and skincare for everyone. In addition to serving as Covey’s Chief Content Officer, Emily is a certified health coach, yoga teacher, and model who has been featured on the cover of several magazines, including Vogue, Numero, and Elle. For more than 10 years, Christina has worked with Google, serving as Senior Digital Marketing Executive prior to working on Covey full-time. Together, Emily and Christina are taking the guesswork out of skincare to develop a foolproof routine for everyone.
Emily and Christina join us today to discuss what sets Covey apart from other brands in the beauty and skincare industry. They share how they have maintained their friendship while building a business and explain how their skill sets complement each other. They outline why choosing the right business partners can be the key to success and how they’ve seen success with user-generated content in their marketing campaigns. They also highlight why momentum is pivotal in business growth and underscore the power of resilience.
“When finding someone to partner with, be transparent and aligned. Choose a partner who is invested and cares about you and your product.” – Emily DiDonato
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- How Emily and Christina started their friendship and decided, planned, and co-founded their business
- Approaching product development and how Covey created its skincare products
- How long it usually takes to develop a product
- The whitelabeling approach to product development and why it took three years for Covey to develop their products
- The process of partnering with doctors and dermatologists for skin care product development
- How Covey launched its product amid the pandemic
- Creating a social-digital moment
- What sets Covey apart from other beauty and skincare products
- Their advice for bootstrapping a business
- What the SAFE agreement means and how Emily and Christina implemented their first fundraising round for Covey
- Their advice for tapping into the power of your network
- The ultimate vision for Covey and how the size of the company’s team has grown from launch
- The biggest business challenges they’ve faced eight months after launching Covey
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “When finding the right person to partner with, ensure that your values are aligned.” – Christina Garcia
- “Being an Entreprenista is about being a woman in business who connects with, helps, and lifts other women in business.” – Emily DiDonato
- “Being an Entreprenista is about having that drive and resilience to make things happen, and the community of support that you build.” – Christina Garcia
Connect with Covey:
- Covey on LinkedIn
- Covey on Instagram
- Covey on Facebook
- Covey on Twitter
- Covey on YouTube
- Covey on TikTok
Connect with Emily DiDonato:
- Emily DiDonato Website
- Emily DiDonato on LinkedIn
- Emily DiDonato on Instagram
- Emily DiDonato on YouTube
- Emily DiDonato on Facebook
- Emily DiDonato on Twitter
Connect with Christina Garcia:
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Zoho – The CRM that Does it All
As your business grows, Zoho grows with you. Zoho’s CRM packages are completely customizable, so you can utilize the tools you need when you need them – allowing you to not only find the business tools and solutions that fit your current needs, but also foresee what types of tools you might need as you continue to grow your business.
Zoho CRM is our choice for the best customer relationship management software to fuel and help sustain your business growth.
So if you’re ready to sustainably grow your business, head over to www.partners.entreprenista.com/ZohoCRM to claim your free trial plus 50% off Zoho CRM today!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Apple Podcasts | TuneIn | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart Radio | GooglePlay
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.
Leave a Comment