Starting a Business with Your Best Friend with Mollie Kehoe and Lynn Browne of BrandVerge
How many good ideas are born over brunch? We’re not sure. But if you’re Mollie Kehoe and Lynn Browne, the idea to start a business that helps link advertisers with companies came to light over avocado toast and coffee. Friends since college, Lynn and Mollie were shocked that a business like that had yet to exist, so they created it.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Lynn Browne and Mollie Kehoe, co-founders of BrandVerge, a platform that makes it easy for brands and companies to connect with advertising programs. Lynn and Mollie share how they knew how much capital to raise, how to maintain a healthy relationship when in business with your best friend, who their ideal clients are, and so much more.
“We have a platform in house that makes it easy for brands and media companies like Entreprenista to connect with each other and work on impactful advertising programs together.” – Mollie Kehoe
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Mollie and Lynn share how BrandVerge came to be (1:47)
- Mollie talks about how much capital they needed to raise (6:40)
- What the secret to maintaining friendship while being business partners is (14:18)
- What Mollie and Lynn are most proud of (17:26)
- Mollie shares who their dream clients are (21:39)
- Mollie, Lynn, and Stephanie talk about how to know when your business is ready for the next step (25:03)
- What is next for BrandVerge in 2023 (30:13)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “The first step was literally looking at each other and saying, ‘This is a genius idea, someone should do it, why not us?’ I think that when starting a business, the first step is always the hardest, which is just deciding to go after it.” – Lynn Browne
- “When we’re not at work, we don’t really talk about work. And I think people always ask like ‘How? That must be so hard,’ but we were friends first. So it’s very easy for us to keep things separate.” – Mollie Kehoe
- “Yes, it’s very important the work that we do, but we’re also complete human beings. So having grace around certain things, or having just an understanding of what’s going on in people’s lives just helps make the co-founder relationship just go a lot smoother, because it’s not everything all work all the time.” – Lynn Browne
Connect with BrandVerge:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.