Revolutionizing Feminine Care with Yanghee Paik of Rael
Moving across the globe with the intention of becoming and staying an entertainment executive was exactly the life Yanghee Paik wanted and got. Until one day, she spoke with her future business partner about the lack of quality feminine care products in the US. That one conversation changed the course of Yanghee’s life forever.
In this week’s episode, Yanghee Paik, co-founder and CEO of Rael, an organic and natural feminine hygiene company, discusses the ins and outs of all things business. She shares why it’s important to stand confident when talking to investors, the importance of flexible employees in a startup, how to get products in front of big-name retailers, and so much more. This is an episode of Entreprenista you do NOT want to miss.
“Feminine care products were one of those which was kind of neglected by us women, unfortunately. So we’re trying to do a lot of education about why this is important. And then how different our products are and then the benefits of, you know, converting to organic and natural.” – Yanghee Paik
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level, join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Yanghee shares her background and how she came to co-found Rael (3:40)
- How to find the right employees at the beginning of a startup (11:55)
- The evolution of Rael’s packaging and branding (17:42)
- Yanghee shares the ins and outs of Rael’s marketing strategy and how it has changed (20:28)
- Yanghee shares the challenges of getting male investors on in the early days of Rael (29:11)
- How to get your brand in front of big-box retailers (37:06)
- Rapid fire questions (42:59)
- What being an Entreprenista means to Yanghee (45:05)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “I would actually warn my team members from the beginning when they were joining the company. ‘Well, we think that this is your role for now. But because the company is going so fast and evolving so fast, we hope that you’re open to all the other tasks and you know, jobs that come up.'” – Yanghee Paik
- “Initially, it was very scrappy, you know, we were just gifting a lot. And we reached out to the influencers that we would love working with.” – Yanghee Paik on Rael’s early marketing strategy
- “So we would just direct our investors to go to Amazon, read the customer reviews, which are authentic, and then just see, you know, what people like about us, and then they realized that people were hungry for something that’s organic, natural, but that worked really well, which was what we were offering at that time.” – Yanghee Paik
- “I was one of those who thought, you know, will never become an entrepreneur, I thought I was just going to become a corporate executive.” – Yanghee Paik
Connect with Yanghee Paik:
- Yanghee on LinkedIn
- Rael’s Website
- Rael on Instagram
- Rael on TikTok
- Rael on Facebook
- Rael on Amazon
- Rael at Target
- Rael at Walmart
- Rael at CVS
- Rael at Walgreens
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.