Redefining What It Means To Be A Working Mom with Pamela Pekerman of Hustle Like a Mom
Like many Entreprenistas, motherhood changed the course of Pam’s life in a way she didn’t expect. She was happy living out her 20s dreams of being a TV correspondent until she became a mom of two, then she realized her priorities had shifted, so she started Hustle Like A Mom.
In today’s episode, we sit down with Pam Pekerman, serial Entreprenista, author of Edit to Expand Planner, and creator of Hustle Like A Mom. She shares what inspired her to start her business, her lessons when starting out, why she created a planner, and so much more.
“I can’t be the only woman in her early 30s among my peers who was like, ‘Oh, I don’t know what’s going on here. I think there might be a different path.’ And so I started an interview series of women that I said were doing, creating, and redefining what it means to be a working mom. Everybody was excited. We had the interview series. But really, it wasn’t until 2019, where I was like ‘I think this should be more.’” – Pam Pekerman
This week on Startups in Stilettos:
- Pam shares how Hustle like a Mom came to be (2:00)
- Why knowing who your “one person” is is the most important thing (4:27)
- Pam gives some great tips for beginning Entreprenistas (6:30)
- Pam explains why she created her Edit to Expand Planner (12:29)
- Pam answers the question, ‘how do you know entrepreneurship is right for you?’ (22:00)
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “It’s okay to not know, it’s not okay to not ask questions.” – Pam Pekerman
- “Focus on your shot.” – Pam Pekerman
- “I think sometimes entrepreneurs can get really anxious because they hear the information from every direction. I always say, like, ‘you don’t have to eat the whole menu at the restaurant.’” – Pam Pekerman
Connect with Pam Pekerman:
Connect with your Startups in Stilettos hosts:
- Stephanie Cartin on Instagram
- Stephanie Cartin on LinkedIn
- Jessica Abo on Instagram
- Jessica Abo on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Jessica Abo here
Get Featured on Startups in Stilettos
Want a chance to be featured on Startups in Stilettos? We’re currently accepting applications from our Entreprenista League members to be featured on the show! Think of the Entreprenista League as your team members in what can be a lonely startup founder’s journey. You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded female startup founders who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website, social channels – and, of course, the Startups in Stilettos podcast – and so much MORE!
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Grow Your Startup with Startups in Stilettos
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Startups in Stilettos, powered by the Entreprenista PodcastNetwork. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more startup founders, like you, and have a chance to win a one-on-one mentor and strategy session with Stephanie Cartin.
Join us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And for even more exclusive content and information – and to get access to the 8 Secrets to Success in Your Business video course and worksheet – visit our website.