Turning Your Passion for Fashion into a Thriving Business with Alex Toccin of TOCCIN
September 3, 2021
Alex Toccin always knew she wanted to be involved in fashion, so when she worked for a PR company out of college and then pursued her degree from fashion institute Parsons, her career followed, working for Ralph Lauren, Theory, and Emily & Ashley jewelry.
Throughout her time gaining experience in the fashion industry, Alex worked with her husband Michael to start a blog that launched their journey into entrepreneurship. Having their own line of designer aesthetic clothing at an affordable price point was always their dream, and eventually, TOCCIN was born. You’re about to hear how Alex’s journey is a true testimony that something started as a passion project can evolve into a profitable full time venture.
Key takeaways this week:
- Alex shares how building your network can impact your Entreprenista journey
- Why finding your niche is so important in the early days of any business
- How listening to your audience and filling their needs can position any brand for success
- The unexpected logistics involved in launching a fashion brand and e-commerce site
- How Alex led her business in 2020 amidst a pandemic and launched a successful partnership with Dillards – plus, the key things to know before pitching a brand to retailers or wholesalers
Follow Alex and Michael on Instagram: @alexandmichaeltoccin
Follow TOCCIN on Instagram: @toccin.official
Shop the TOCCIN website: https://toccin.com/