The Power of Networking with Leslie Grossman of Circle Leadership
October 15, 2021
Serial Entreprenista, Leslie Grossman, is a leadership coach, speaker, and author. She is the founder of Circle Leadership, an organization that shifts the mindset and confidence of women executives and entrepreneurs as they travel the path to their professional goals. Throughout her career, Leslie has presented womens’ leadership programs, workshops, and conferences worldwide. These have helped thousands of women take the next best step in their journey. Leslie also serves as the Faculty Director of the Executive Women’s Leadership Program at the George Washington University Center for Excellence in Public Leadership and sits as Vice Chair on IMPACT Leadership’s Global Advisory Council.
Leslie joins us today to share her best tips for networking and building relationships that can take your business to the next level. She explains what it means to have an advisory board and details how to find the right people to build your own. She discusses what having the right coach can do for your business and describes her tactics for securing a sponsorship. Leslie also highlights why trust and relationships are at the heart of everything Entreprenistas do and underscores how you can be part of the Entreprenista Circles community.
“Being an Entreprenista means being part of a solar system of women, where we all help each other and collaborate to be successful as a group and community.” – Leslie Grossman
This week’s takeaways from Entreprenista:
- Leslie’s incredible journey as a serial Entreprenista
- How Leslie decided that she wanted to be a coach
- The role of relationships in business and life and what it means to have an advisory board
- What Leslie’s first advisory board looked like and her advice for structuring one
- Taking care of your advisory board and the different ways to give back to them
- Leslie’s recommendations for structuring meetings with your board of advisors
- What Entreprenistas need to consider before starting a conference
- Her tactics for getting sponsors for events, brand partnerships, and collaborations
- Why we started the Entreprenista League
- Leslie’s marketing strategies for getting women to join conferences
- What Entreprenistas can expect when they work with Leslie in an Entreprenista Circle
- Why women look for coaches and the characteristics that make a great coach
- Leslie’s tips for feeling burnt out and her advice on why Entreprenistas need to take time off for themselves
- What being an Entreprenista means for Leslie
- Book: The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth About Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
Our Favorite Quotes:
- “Entreprenistas figure things out, though not alone.” – Leslie Grossman
- “You don’t have an advisory board unless you’re willing to listen. It’s about being honest about your challenges and how they can help you.” – Leslie Grossman
- “Trust and relationships are at the core of everything that we do.” – Leslie Grossman
Connect with Leslie Grossman:
- Circle Leadership
- Leslie Grossman Leadership
- 15 on Friday Podcast
- Book: Link Out: How to Turn Your Network into a Chain of Lasting Connections
- Book: Sellsation!: How Companies Can Capture Today’s Hottest Market: Women Business Owners and Executives
- Circle Leadership on Instagram
- Circle Leadership on SoundCloud
- Circle Leadership on YouTube
- Leslie Grossman on LinkedIn
- Email: email@example.com
If you’re looking to take your business to the next level:
Join our Entreprenista League community of women founders! You’ll have access to a private community of like-minded Entreprenistas who are making an impact in business every day, special discounts on business products and solutions, exclusive content, private events, the opportunity to have your story featured on our website and social channels, and MORE!
Whether you’re looking to scale your existing business and want to make the right connections, or you’re thinking about finally taking the leap to launch your business, we’re here to give you access to a community of women who will celebrate your every step, and with whom you can share the candid reality of building a business from scratch.
Join the Entreprenista League today at entreprenista.com/join. We can’t wait to welcome you, support you, and be part of your business journey!
Be the Best Dressed on Zoom…and the Most Comfortable
Entreprenistas – it’s time to look professional and feel comfortable while working from home.
Introducing WorkRobe – the WFH-ready robes designed to help you be the best dressed professional on Zoom…and the most comfortable.
Gone are the days of wasting time trying to find the perfect outfit to wear on Zoom, only to change back into loungewear the second your meeting ends. The WorkRobe robe means business! With the look of a professional robe on the top, no one on Zoom will ever know you’re wearing a robe.
If you’re ready to start looking great and feeling comfortable at your next Zoom meeting, head over to www.myworkrobe.com to order your Workrobe today. Enter code Entreprenista15 to receive 15% off your first order.
Say “Hello!” To DigiCards™
Are you ready to take your virtual team meetings to the next level? Are you tired of yelling “You’re on mute!” at your computer screen and letting the important points you were trying to make get lost?
If you’re tired of leading unproductive, distraction-filled team meetings, then it’s time for you to say “Hello!” to DigiCards. Each pack of virtual meeting cards include 20 color-coded professional cards designed to streamline your meeting communications while allowing each meeting to create an opportunity for collaboration and fun.
Say “Goodbye!” to waving your arms, being ignored, and frantically typing in the chat.
Start your next virtual meeting with DigiCards – the virtual meeting cards for entreprenistas.
To grab your deck of DigiCards and bring fun, engagement, and collaboration back into your team meetings, visit www.hellodigicards.com. Use the coupon code: Entreprenista10 to receive 10% off your first order.
Become An Entreprenista!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Entreprenista Podcast – the most fun business meeting for female founders, by female founders. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes across social media to help us reach more amazing female founders, like you.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn and for more exclusive content, tips, and insight, join the Entreprenistas Facebook group and visit the SocialFly website.