Real Talk with Ashley Hearon-Smith and Keri Setaro
March 1, 2021
How do you launch your own podcast and build an engaged audience, all the while raising kids during a pandemic? Meet Ashley Hearon-Smith & Keri Setaro of Momtourage, and learn the candid story of how they are building their media company from the ground up! From their start as co-hosts of Scary Mommy to starting the Momtourage podcast exactly one year ago, they share hilarious and real insights into how they balance it all, and how YOU can too!
Coming up, you’ll hear:
- Kerri and Ashley’s backgrounds prior to becoming the co-hosts of the Scary Mommy Podcast, and the value of hustling right out the gate.
- How they set ground rules in their business partnership before becoming fast friends.
- Sitting down and defining the vision for Momtourage after leaving Scary Mommy.
- Best tips for starting your own podcast, including coming up with a unique voice and learning how to use your equipment.
- The importance of consistency when releasing content, and why this will make you more attractive to sponsors.
- The reality of being a mom while running a business, and why it helps to have a business partner that is also a Mamaprenista!
- The importance of sticking with it and showing up.